Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ginormous Marshmallows

Have any of you seen these new roasting marshmallows they carry at stores lately? They're the size of two marshmallows, so you don't have to roast two for a s'more, just one. Troy:

It looks like a roll. Nope. It's a roasted marshmallow.

We had dinner at my parents' house on the evening of Father's Day. We topped off the night by roasting the marshmallow monstrosities over my parents' little barbecue pit and trying not to get too dirty:

You can see how well that worked out for us. That's why I have a hard time with s'mores - the mess. Same with ribs, or buffalo wings. Too messy.

Micah just wanted the chocolate bars to eat. We had to make him stop so that there was enough chocolate for the s'mores, and he got soooo angry. I seriously think he has an addiction to candy. He is like a Candy Crackhead. The minute he's done, he's asking for more. If I don't have more, he screams at me and throws things at me. And then he goes after the candy the kids have, beating them up, pulling their hair, etc. to get at that candy. I've stopped bringing candy home from work for the kids. I'm sick of his tantrums. Micah's behavior around candy is really frightening...

Tan Jake:

Don't ask me what Ben is doing. I hope it's not a sign that means something gross:

Stickiness abounds for Brock:


Mom said Sadie could pick a few blooms from off her bleeding heart bushes:

I really need to get me some of those in my backyard. They are my faves. Well, some of my faves. I have many faves.

What did I get my dad for Father's Day, you ask? Chips Ahoy cookies. He loves him some cookies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL... okay, show that picture to Ben and see if he wants you to take it down....*snicker* I'm just glad he didn't finish the sign off!

I haven't seen those marshmallows but they look AWE-SOME! I gotta get me some o'dem next time we do smores. Can you believe that my dad had never eaten a smore until THIS YEAR!?!? No kidding, he always ate the marshmallows before they could get to the rest the the ingredients!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what that sign is too now!! LOL

Those are some huge marshmallows! We haven't tried doing s'mores yet. I'm afraid the kids wouldn't like them and waste the chocolate and stuff. Mark did buy some chocolate though so maybe he and I will make them someday this summer. LOL

lexykay said...

i wanted to cook smores while i was here; but after talking about it we figured dessert with the cousins was going to have to be enough. i loooove smores; remind me of the cabin. also this is a dumb comment, but i love the picture of brock - i love that he always wears his hood up. i think it's cute. anyways, i had a ton-o-fun yesterday and i'm excited to be close! i'll be CLOSA (i don't know how to explain that voice, but i feel like you will know what it's supposed to sound like).

Emily Empey said...

LOVE THOSE MARSHMALLOWS! Yummy! Also I made my blog private so keep checking on it - it wont shoe i have posted anymore! hahaha Also that picture of ben! HAHAHAHA made me laugh! How funny! Hope you are feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...