Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Greeeeeen CANYON is the place to be...

We went swimming at Green Canyon today, and since I was too lazy to take pics of it, I'll just talk about it.

So fun. It was my folks, who very graciously paid, and then Nat and her three boys and then Ben and me and our kiddos.

Micah is getting soooo brave. He was loving standing BY HIMSELF in the shallow end. He would get angry with me if I tried to hold his arm or steady him in any way. And he only wanted his daddy. He liked to splash his daddy in the face, so I was fine having Ben on Micah Duty. Sadie is also getting braver. She was venturing a little deeper with her noodle under her armpits. Dylan, of course, has never wavered in the bravery department. He was all over the place with his kickboard. And then he would take a water noodle to the hot tub, fill it up with warm water, then come to the normal pool and blow it on people. He's neat.

It felt sooo amazing to be weightless in the water. Such a relief from the weight of this little man inside of me. The pool was a little cold, so I would go and sit with just my legs in the hot pool to warm up a little bit. It didn't help a ton, though, because there were 30 mph winds today outside, and the hot tub was outside. It was chilly. My fam found a "warm spot" in the shallow area of the pool, so we all kind of huddled there and chatted. Nat, Dad, and I talked couponing. And Mom and I talked public school. I love to spend time with my fam. They are the best.

Ben put our car keys in his swim trunks, for some reason, and they dropped right out into the bottom of the pool. Some lady found them and asked my mom, who was nearby, if they were hers. We are so lucky. And Ben is so scatterbrained. After swimming, he carried some wet stuff to the car before we ate our lunch inside, and I went out a few minutes later to throw some more things in the car, and I saw Sadie's swimsuit in the dirt of the parking lot, and a few feet further, my swimsuit. He had dropped them on the way there and had no idea. That man... He kills me.

We went to see The Last Airbender in the theater earlier that day (I loved it. My family and Nat's family are big fans of the Nickelodeon cartoon that this movie was based on). At one point, Brock came up to Mom (I think?) and was swishing water all around with his arms. He said, "Look, Gramma. I'm a water bender." Adorable. I love my neice and nephews.

Mom had packed a fabulous lunch, so we ate right there inside the foyer of the swimming pool. I was so glad we had a place inside to eat, because it was soooo windy outside. And then my sweet dad got us all ice cream in Rexburg on our way home. I had a banana blizzard, and it was so dang good. MMMMMM.

Thanks, Ma and Pa. We had such a fun weekend. I took pics of the other stuff we did this weekend - posts to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be weightless!! That sounds so NICE!! I found my maternity swim suit and all I can think about now is going swimming. I just need to figure out how to do it with my two boys alone. Mark doesn't like pools:P

Sounds like a fun time!!:) I know what you mean about being lazy and not taking pictures.

Nat said...

Dude, I didn't bring my camera. I should have. But I totally forgot the water floaty things, too. And I'm glad we went there instead of Downata, because of the crazy wind, and because I was feeling kind of blah.

Patty said...

Love love love swimming during pregnancy. I am trying really hard to convince Ken that we need a pool by the time we want another baby. We can downsize that huge garden we never planted this year and install a inground pool. With a diving board. And a hot tub.

Lyndsay said...

That sounds like it was awesome! Tell your mom I said hello!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...