Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heavy, Heavy Hangover, Thy Poor Head...

Sooooo. Dylan had his family birthday party, oh, June 11th. And I'm just posting about it. Because I'm a weener.

My mom is so cute. When it was time for him to open presents, she did that game, Heavy, Heavy Hangover. Like my little girly friends and I used to do when we were little:

Heavy, heavy hangover, thy poor head.
Whatcha gonnna do with a bump on your head?
[At that point, you bonk them on the head with the present so they can decide what kind of present it is.]
Are you gonna eat it, wear it,
Flush it down the toilet, throw it out the window?
Play with it?....

And then the rhyme kind of peters out there.

And then the kid guesses what he's going to do with the gift. Dylan refused to guess what he would do with each gift, so the game didn't work out so well for him. He lacks the attention span needed to wait to open the gift, I guess. He would just grab the present out of Mom's hands.


He got a digital watch from Nat and Pete. I ADORE that watch. Because Dylan still doesn't quite have the knack for telling time on a traditional clock. So he'll say, like, "When are we going to the movie?"

"We're leaving at 2:15."

"So is that, like, the little hand is on the two?"

"Ye-es..."

"And then the big hand is on the....five?"

"Nope, on the three."

It really is quite complicated, when you think about it. They practiced it a lot at school, but it hasn't quite meshed for him. So now, when I say, "Okay, Dylan, you can play your computer games until 10:30," he can look at his watch and actually see the digitized time. It's so helpful. Score for Nat and Pete.


My mom got Dyl some clothes. He exasperatedly and theatrically threw them onto his face:


More about those clothes later. Yes, there is a story to them.

Mom also really scored in the toy department. She got Dylan some Bakugan Battle Gear to go with his large Drago bakugan:


She also got him a Bakugan carrying/organizing case. Dylan loves that thing. His friend is having a Bakugan party next week, and I'm thinking of getting a case like that for him.


We just did a simple cake for the family party:




Somehow, it was a huge cake wreck. Made from a cake mix. How hard is it to ruin a cake made with a cake mix?? I greased the pans, like it said, with shortening. And yet the cake still stuck. So I used like ten pounds of frosting to kind of "glue" the cake all together. What a mess. Mom told me after that incident to always grease and flour cake pans, even if the directions only say to grease them. I did that with Dylan's cake for his friend party, and it worked. You live and learn.

Slides, anyone?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I did 2 cake wrecks in one day... both of them mixes. Yay I win! :P

Okay, so don't forget the story about the clothes... kk? :D

Camille said...

Josh is totally into Bakugan too- he would have loved that stuff! You'll have to give me the details of the Drago thing - he'd probably like one for his birthday. What is it?
Happy Birthday to Dylan!

Anonymous said...

LOL that's a funny song. I've never heard it before. I'm sure my kids would've acted the same way!:)

The cake still looks yummy! I love those candles.

Ow, I'm hanging in there. Totally painful though:P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...