Friday, July 2, 2010

It served me right.

This is my pretty wallet:


It matches my pretty red purse, which is slowly dying.

Anyways, my wallet went on a little adventure about a month ago. I was at work, and Ben called to say that we were all going to a movie at the dollar theater and to meet them there. I was soooo starving, so I grabbed some Arby's on the way over. I met Ben, my kiddos, and his folks there at the theater lobby. I knew the theater ushers wouldn't let me bring Arby's inside, so before I went in, I stuffed my mozzarella sticks and curly fries into my pretty red purse. And since I didn't want the fries or mozz sticks to show, I put my wallet on top of them. Then I walked into the theater incognito, though probably smelling like fast food.

So while we're watching previews, I scarfed my Arby's and was very happy indeed.

I didn't realize until TWO days later that my wallet was missing. And I fa-reaked out. Ben and I mentally retraced our steps, and I realized after checking a few places that it must have fallen out of my purse while I was eating illegal Arby's at the theater.

Ben went to the theater, and lo and behold, some amazing person turned my wallet in without stealing one thing. My debit card, driver's license, everything, were still inside. I couldn't believe that.

I said some major, major prayers of gratitude that night. Karma should have punished me for sneaking illegal food into the theater, but luckily, Heavenly Father overruled karma that day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so scary when you lose stuff like a wallet. Or when you leave it at the cash register, accidentally!:P I'm glad nothing was stolen!! I love your purse, btw. I totally wish I could pull off that look:)

Lynita said...

Wow I am glad someone turned it in for you, and didn't even take anything! I somehow imagine it would turn out differently here...

The Dillons said...

I am really glad everything was in the wallet. It is definitely a moment to freak out. But, I better be careful because I always sneak in food :)

Nat said...

Oh man, you are so lucky! That's awesome. And dude, who DOESN'T sneak food into the theatre?

Patty said...

I think the fast food rule in theaters is dying out.
Or maybe I am just wishing it would.

Lyndsay said...

Wow, so glad you fouond it and all in tact! Did I ever tell you the story about my mom's wallet? She lost it in the flood (yup, the Grand Teton Dam Flood) and while we were living in Idaho Falls some farmer found it in his field, knew my mom's sister and gave it to her who gave it to my mom. Crazy, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...