Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slip 'n' Slide

The kids and our Nappy Neighbors decided to pull out our slip-n-slide one hot day. We have a slope in our front lawn, and that's where they decided to set it up. A smart idea.

I couldn't find the dang stake things that make the slip-n-slide stay tacked to the ground, so I used some of Ben's screwdrivers. It's just at the very front, and the screwdriver handles aren't sharp or anything, so I felt like the chance of injury was small, but it still made me nervous. I need to buy some tent stakes or something for the next time we use it.

As you probably know, you hook the hose up to the slip-n-slide, and it has these little sprayer things that keep the sliding surface nice and slick. Dylan decided that wasn't good enough. He elected himself Holder of the Hose. He didn't slip-n-slide at all. He held the hose. And it made him feel important. The kid is such a control freak. He wouldn't let anyone else hold the hose. It was ridiculous. This next pic is Dylan with one of the Nappy Neighbors' dogs, named Hunny Bunny. This isn't the one with the testicles the size of a volleyball. That one is named Bark. They are both jerks.

I could not believe that Micah actually got in on the action. He is usually a pansy when it comes to getting wet, but he was having a ball.

3 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Summer just isn't summer without a good slip n' slide experience. Dylan must be one of those natural leader/organizer types. He will probably turn out to be a real mover and shaker in the world.

Nat said...

Slip n' slide is so fun! Unless there's not enough water, and then you get plastic burn.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun:) I wish my kids were more into doing water things. Maybe if I actually bought them a slip n' slide they would be, but I'm so afraid it would be a waste of money:P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...