Sunday, July 11, 2010

West

Again, me with the anti-picture-taking sentiments lately. I got this pic off the net:

My folks offered to watch the kids while Ben and I went to a show at our favorite, the Playmill Theater in West Yellowstone. Ohhh, the memories I have attached to that place. If I had ever been a good singer, you bet your sweet bippy I would have tried to get a job there every summer during college.

We met them up there yesterday afternoon, and then we went out to some pulled-pork-sandwichey place. I ordered the cheesy fries, and the plate was roughly the size of a large-sized pizza. It was amazing. I barely made a dent. Then my parents took my kids to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center while Ben and I went to the play, The Foreigner.

I had seen The Foreigner a couple of times, but it had been years. All I remembered about it was that it was funny. As usual, the Playmill did a fantastic job. One of my favorite dudes was the main character. He is like four feet tall and four feet wide and has the energy of Chris Farley. He makes me laugh so hard. It was boiling hot in there, as usual, but I also had a small heater in my belly, you know. Ben and I skipped out on the fudge at intermission - we were still stuffed to the gills from dinner. And seriously, once you go Sarah's Candy Cottage fudge, you never go back to any other kind of fudge.

My parents got two hotel rooms (they are the bomb dot com), so when we got back to the hotel, we all went swimming. The pool was an ice cube, so I had to do the "only put my legs in" thing for the hotel's hot tub. Again, Micah would have nothing to do with me. He's really into his daddy lately. Which is fine. I'm too tired to deal with him anyways.

Last night was another Restless Legs Syndrome Fest for me, so I lay there in the hotel bed, legs twitching, eyes wide open, listening to my family snoring until three in the morning. I think that's what Hell must be like - being tortured by RLS. Being so exhausted, but there is not one thing you can do to get to sleep. I talked to my doc about it yesterday. He's going to do some research to see if there is a RLS medication that is safe enough for pregnancy. I pray that he finds something.

The hotel had a continental breakfast this morning, and it was HOPPING. We were sharing the hotel with about a billion elderly people from a couple of tour buses. The continental breakfast was pretty impressive - you could cook your own waffle on a griddle, or make your own pancakes.

We thought of going through the park today, but I was falling asleep while walking around our hotel room this morning. Plus, last night, I put a dab of the hotel's lotion on my eyelid, because it was feeling kind of dry, and this morning, my eyelid was so swollen that I couldn't open my eye!! Ben told me I look like Hitch:

Thanks, honey. So comforting. I don't know what was in that lotion, but dang. So we drove home instead of going through the park so that I could get to an instacare.

We had to stop four times from West Yellowstone to Idaho Falls for me to pee.

I went into the instacare, and they aren't sure why my eyelid reacted the way it did, but they prescribed me some kind of cream. So far, I'm still a poofy-eyed woman.

And then I took a LOOOOONG nap. It felt great.

Mom, Dad, thank you so much for the tickets, and for watching our kids so we could have a little date. It was awesome. I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

big props to the parental units! And so glad you had a good time, but sad that you couldn't sleep :( bummer

Anonymous said...

Your parents are so awesome!! I wish we lived closer to Mark's parents. They'd spoil us like that too:) I'm glad you had a fun time up there! Hope your eye heals up fast! I want to go to the zoo tomorrow. I left you a message. Call me:)

Lyndsay said...

How sweet of your mom and dad! Tell them to come over and visit my parents sometime - they'd love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...