Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not Very Green



Whenever my mom watches my kids, she is usually exposed to my very nasty, dirty kitchen. It's just difficult to get even the essential things done when I feel so sick, you know? My first priority is the feeding and cleaning of my children. Everything else can be done when I feel good, which isn't very often. My mom usually does my nasty dishes for me when she's over, which is so, so sweet. And it makes me feel really badly. And embarrassed.

One day, she brought a ton of paper plates over. She said, "Why don't you use these for lunches for the kids? It will help a lot with your dish load."

Genius. Pure genius. I feel a little bit badly that I'm not being very environmentally responsible, but it sure has helped me for the past month or so. There will come a time, in six weeks or so, when I will feel so much better. And able to wash dishes more often. Until then, I'm going to have to be un-green.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, a very good idea! Your mom is so nice to do your dishes for you! My mom is just as lazy as me. LOL

J + A Humphreys said...

You just gotta do what you gotta do - no worries, no feeling bad, that's just how it is. :) I feel for you that you feel so crappy all the time! I shouldn't complain at all because I have it pretty easy. On the countdown...can't wait. You are almost there too!!

lexykay said...

I really think this is the way I might have to go in Pocatello...

Mindy H. said...

Do not feel guilty! Paper plates and plastic plates were invented for situations just like yours (and for lazy people like me). I say, let Al Gore come and do dishes for a family of five and then he can talk about an "inconvienent truth". :-)

Camille said...

Great idea - I'm going to remember that.
I have a sister in law who will ONLY use paper plates - they use them for EVER meal. No joke - I couldn't do that, but none - the - less, any less dishes is great!

Nat said...

Dude, I use paper plates ALL the time with my kids, and half the time with me and Pete. I shouldn't be so lazy, but it really helps me not go crazy with doing so many dishes. I figure I recycle my newspaper, so I even out...right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...