Monday, July 5, 2010

Gardening News

I know you probably couldn't care less, but here are the happenings in my garden. (I HATE it when people say, "I could care less." Incorrect. It's "I COULDN'T care less." I think Jacob on Eclipse said that - "I could care less." I almost switched to Team Edward just because of that. Actually, I switched to Team Edward when I watched New Moon, when Jacob said in his really nerdy voice, "You're making me really angry right now. You don't want to see me angry." Nerdy nerdy nerdster. Yeah. I'm done with you, Jacob.)

My mom had two extra geraniums that didn't fit into her pots, so she gave them to me:


They're beautiful and happy. Stinky, but pretty. That's all that matters. Thanks, Marmie. They're gorgeous.

My dianthas are very, very happy that I didn't cut them back last fall. Last summer, they didn't bloom even one little bit. They were pissed that I had cut them back the fall before. This year, they have forgiven me:


No more cutting back dianthas. I learned my lesson. They smell great, too, by the way.

This is a fuzzy pic of one of my beautiful peonies:


They only bloomed for a couple of weeks. They smelled amazing. Now they've stopped blooming, and the slugs have decided to feast on the leaves. Grrrr. Slugs love peonies for some reason. And what are slugs doing in this arid tundra??? Go to the south, slugs. That's where you belong. How are you still alive here??

And look who finally decided to make an appearance:


My evasive clematis finally bloomed. I actually have three clematises, and they have never bloomed, in three years. Finally, I got one bloom. And now they're all just sitting there. No growth. I get so jealous of other peoples' clematises. I might need to try a heartier viney plant for my porch railings in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your flowers! You garden always looks so pretty!!:) Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Nat said...

I was noticing your pretty flowers last time we were over. I need to get more bright colored flowery things in my yard.

Patty said...

Youhave the best garden ever. And it's always weeded. My clematis bloomed for the first time this year too! i watched a gardening show once (when i had TV) and this guy said with plants... the 1st year they sleep, 2nd year they creep, third year they LEAP! So far that has proved true in my gardening.

Lyndsay said...

Those dianthas are BEAUTIFUL! I want to plant some! Do they need shade or sun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...