Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In Lieu of a Hand Mirror

Sadie often wants to see what the back of her hair looks like when I'm finished with it. We don't have a hand mirror to do that little trick with a stationary mirror; the only way she can see what the back of her hair looks like is for me to take a picture and then show it to her. Here are some I've taken this summer.

I'm not terribly proud of this one:


If I took the time to curl her hair sometimes, the results would be prettier. I just don't have that kind of energy right now.

We call this "triangle hair":


Smocking:


Star part puffy braid:


I've gotten all of these ideas from a blog called She Does Hair. The lady, Sue, no longer puts new styles on it, but she hasn't deleted any of it, so I still get on every day to come up with hair ideas. She also has a huge blogroll of other hairstyle blogs. I need to explore others. My friend, Apes, does amazing things with her daughter's hair. She goes to a blog called Girly Do's by Jenn.
If I ever get more ambitious, I might try some of the styles from there.

I love Sadie's hair. The color, the texture... it's gorgeous. Though, right now, she looks like an orphan. She's running around outside without having even gotten it brushed this morning. I'm a winner. It's been a hard day.

My bumb hurts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadie's hair always looks so amazing to me!! If I had a girl I don't think I'd do anything with it besides brush it. Maybe that's why I haven't had a girl. I would take care of her very well since I'm used to boys. LOL Gorgeous hair styles, Kar! I'm always awed by how great you are at doing them! That star one!!! Amazing!!

Unknown said...

Awwww sorry your bum hurts... and if it helps, yesterday Missy looked like an orphan! It happens to us all, and you have good reason! You ARE preggo after all!

Mindy H. said...

You are a hair artist, my friend. Nicely done. And every little girl needs some wild hair days every now and then. It is very liberating to let tangle's be and just run free. You are being a good mommy letting her be a wild child.

Kristen said...

So cute. I miss my girls having long hair so I can do fun do's.

Lyndsay said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I so need to learn how to do girl's hair! I am going to really check into those blogs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...