Friday, November 26, 2010

Closing Walls and Ticking Clocks

My madre invited my sisters and I to go to her ward's Super Saturday. They were making jewelery and clocks. It was so, so, so much fun. I really adore crafting.

Lex started making her clock, but was getting stressed out by it. So my mom made her clock for her:

Lex felt less stress just making jewelery:

Do you remember these necklaces? I made them at my mom's ward activity last year. But Lex and I decided that, this time, we wanted to try to make the pendants into earrings instead of necklaces. We are both earring-aholics. They ended up being really, really heavy. Uncomfortably so. Lex is able to wear her earrings for about eight hours before they start to feel too heavy, but I can hardly stand five minutes in them. Maybe I'll give her mine to wear. Or maybe I need to build up a tolerance to heavy earrings.

Lex snapped this awesome pic of Mom:

We had to blow-dry the crackle paint part of the clock. While Mom was blow-drying Lexi's clock, she was leaning all the way over and kind of dancing around, with her hair hanging down. It was really funny. I love when my mom does funny stuff like that. Here's another funny shot Lex got of Mom when they were on a trip to Mexico:


I think that's a... rain poncho on her head? I can't remember the story. But I think my mom is funny. I think I get my "I may look dumb, but it's all about comfort, and I don't care what people think of me" thing from her.

Me, painting the roman numerals on my clockie-pooh:


Nat had to go, so we took this pic with all of us together before she took off:

Don't worry, that's not the finished clock. And you may not be able to see, but I'm wearing some skinny jeans in that photo. May I just take a moment and say that I am so, so, so in love with my skinny jeans. I never thought, in a billion years, that I would buy or wear skinny jeans, but as Lexi says, they are ADDICTING. They feel like a hug, on your legs. I wish I could wear them every single day. My boot-cut jeans feel so cumbersome and uncomfortable compared to my "jeggings."

Okay. Back to the topic at hand. Here is my finished clock:


It took the wrong size of hands, two weeks of waiting, the right size of hands not working, having to get another set of the right size of hands, and one handy husband to finally get this clock working. But now it works and I am soooo in love with it.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Those clocks turned out really awesome! And dude, my necklace thing is so heavy! I wore it the other night and it felt like I had a bowling ball hanging from my neck!

lexykay said...

eeee! i hung up my clock today, well Chris hung it up, but it look so good! we also put up the christmas tree. by the way, mom gave me WAY too many decorations for that tiny tree, so i might bring some back for you girlies.

Anonymous said...

I love that clock!! I wish I couold do crafty stuff like that. I always mess up when I do stuff by hand though.

Emily Empey said...

I LOVE THAT CLOCK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...