Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bloggies, 2010

Duuuuude! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My sis is here from New York, and we have been partying hardy. Pictures to come.

So. Ya'll ready for dis? It's that time of year again - time for Bloggies. Patsmo la Ratsmo and Em both gave out Bloggies this year, and they both nominated me for "most thought-out commenter." Since this is my journal, I wanted to paste their nominations on here to look back on. I love reading nice things about myself. :) Who doesn't??? I look at nice stuff that people have said about me when I'm feeling sad. It helps. So here are the nominations for me. First, Patty's nod:

Most Thought-Out Commenter: Kar's Kith and Kin
2 years running here. The girl can comment. She even comments on Kole's blog. It's really cute. She always says (and I always agree) that comments are the language of love. She never misses a post. It's amazing. And she can normally comment within... I dunno... 2 hours of a post? I know, right? This girl has commenting down to a T. Down to an art. Down to business.

And Em's nod:

Most Thought-Out Commenter: Kar's Kith and Kin and The Hill Fam
These two never miss a post! And they are very thoughtful in their comments! I also notice that Kar comments on EVERYONE'S, too! When I go to write a comment, you will always see Karlenn! She is awesome!

Aw, shucks. Girls, I love you. You made my day. I feel a bit sheepish - do I comment more than is fashionable? Does this show that I don't have much of a life? Hahaha! Oh well. I love getting comments, therefore, I comment. To make others feel good. That's how I roll.

And noooooooooooooooooow, here are my Bloggies, 2010!!!:

Most Spiritual: Megs
Megs has such a warm, strong, wonderful testimony. When she's going through hard stuff, she asserts over and over again how much she loves Heavenly Father, and how much she trusts Him to get her through these things. When she's not going through stuff, she's always saying how grateful she is to Him for blessing her. She does this thing every Sunday called Sunday Thoughts, and I love it - just her thoughts on what she learned in church, and the spiritual things she's been thinking about all week. She is such an example to me of a true handmaiden of the Lord. You're awesome, Megs.

Funniest Blog: Mindy
Mindy's blog entries totally make my day. When I read most blogs, I smile a lot. But when I read Mindy's blog, I actually laugh out loud. She is soooo funny. She pulls up old photographs of her parents, or of she and her siblings - really, really hilarious pictures. Pictures that should be submitted to Awkward Family Photos. She transcribes her family's Christmas phone calls with her missionary brothers - these are my all-time favorite entries. She writes entries in scriptural format - HI-larious. She is cute, cute, cute. And witty, witty, witty. I just love her blog. Oh, and by the way, she is the best junior high English teacher on the planet. Just so you know.

Most Enthusiastic Commenter: Em
Em's comments make me laugh really, really hard. Let's say I write something about Micah. She would comment something like this: "I LOVE MICAH SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! HE'S SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!" Or, let's say I write something about... I don't know. Grocery shopping. She would comment something like this: "OH MY GOSH GROCERY SHOPPING SUCKS SO MUCH!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! LET'S GO DO SOMETHING SO WE DON'T HAVE TO SHOP FOR GROCERIES!!!!!" She makes me chuckle every time. I love you, Em!

Best Memories: Nat
Nat started this thing called Memory Monday, where she writes about something that happened to her in the past. I am LOVING this. Even though I know Nat inside and out, she still manages to tell stories that I never even remember hearing about. Funny stories. Insightful stories. I should copy her. Because I'm a big, big copycat. This is my favorite Memory Monday so far. You'll get a good laugh. Nat, you're suuuuuuch a good writer. Always have been. Way, way better than me. But I'm better than you at one thing - having a really, really messy house. :)

Dang, That's Good!: Pats
I'm starting to talk to Patty in Blog Post Language. We'll be talking about something deep and important, and I'll say, "It's like you said in such-and-such post: blah blah blah." I think I'm starting to quote Patty more than I quote Sense and Sensibility. That's saying something. Her posts are starting to organize themselves in my mind next to my favorite books. Seriously. Her post on advice to give to her former self is up there with Khaled Hosseini's description of the main character in The Kite Runner throwing tomatoes at his friend, in my mind. Equally as deep. Equally as thought-provoking. Her post on her husband, Ken? Amazing. Wonderful. The stuff that books are made of. Patty, you are the Elizabeth Gilbert of Idaho Falls.

She Always Looks So Amazing!: Melissa
Melissa has the best sense of style. I love looking at her blog, just so I can see her cute outfits. She has gorgeous hair, and the cutest clothes I've ever seen. She makes it seem effortless. Look at her header! Could her outfit beeee any cuter??? Look at her sledding! She looks so cute! I look like a big poofy marshmallow when I go sledding. She's preggar, and she looks cuter than ever!!! We all know what I look like when I'm preggar. It isn't a pretty picture. Melissa, you inspire me. I need to do my hair and makeup more often and wear cuter clothes. Heck, maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution. I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions, on principle, but I might make an exception just this once, and resolve to look as cute as Melissa always looks. Maybe. If I can find the time... and the energy. I slept through half of church today. I don't know what's wrong with me!!!

Can I Be Her?: Camille
Camel's blog is private, so I won't be able to direct you there, but I have to tell you what you're missing out on. First of all, she takes like ten trips every year, to exotic locales. Hawaii. The Caribbean. Boston. Bear Lake. :) Ohhhhhh, what I wouldn't give to go on a trip! It's fun to read about the discoveries she and her family make when they travel. Her sons are so lucky to do so many wonderful things, and to see so much of the world. The second reason that I want to be her is that she is the most amazing decorator I've ever seen. She comes up with the greatest ideas - making a cookie serving tray out of glued-together mugs and plates from D.I. Spray-painting old things and making them look like they came straight out of the Pottery Barn. She should have her own show on HGTV. Seriously. The third reason I want to be her is that she decorates her house so fun for seasons and holidays. Her house looks so festive, no matter what time of year it is. She puts things in these hurricane lamps to celebrate the seasons. Fake nests and eggs in the spring. Chestnuts in the fall. So much fun. And the fourth reason I want to be her is the parties she throws. She threw a Dr. Seuss baby shower. It was AMAZING. She threw a bridal shower for her neice in the colors of lime green and orange. It was decorated gorgeously, with the best, best ideas and spread for food. The girl is an inspiration.

Well, I could go on and on. I love everybody's blogs for different reasons. Thanks for sharing your lives with me via this medium, friends. And congrats to this year's winners!! :)

5 comments:

Emily Empey said...

hehe! awww... Thanks Kar! I loved reading this! And i was SOOOO excited when i saw I won! :) Thank ya very much!

The Dillons said...

Those are fun to read. Patty had a good idea and it is fun that you and Emily have thought of some too. :)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

haha I loved this (not just because you gave me an award, but because it was so awesome). I am totally going to copy Megan on the Sunday Thoughts idea. That is ingenius! AND your sisters Memory Mondays? I mean, how cum I didn't think of that?? Sheesh!. And THANK YOU for the sweet sweet compliments. Seriously. Ever since you told me you were doing bloggies I have been checking EVERY DAY! This really made me feel so good (being large with child and all)...I will have you know that right now my hair is in a pony, I am wearing a black shirt that is TOO big for me, I have no make up on (and haven't showered either) and it's almost 2pm. Do you want to revoke my award before it's too late? I wouldn't blame you!!

PS. I laughed when you said you slept though 1/2 of church. Awesome. haha.

Thanks again Kar!

lexykay said...

this is why i don't blog! i never win the bloggies!!! ha ha, just kidding. its because all i do on my free time is dance

Camille said...

Holy Cow Kar - I can't believe I got an award! I feel like I need to make an acceptance speech, but I don't now what to say - or who to thank - 'The little people"?
I have to tell you that your comments keep me blogging some times. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you care about my life.
The whole reason that I decided to go private was that I had people I know making comments and judging me for going on so many vacations and so frivolously decorating my house (which DOES bring me a lot of joy)....so thanks for NOT judging me!, reading, making me laugh and being a great friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...