Monday, January 3, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

My dear friend, Em, came up to Idaho for Thanksgiving, and she stopped by to visit me one evening. It was actually the evening after I painted my kitchen. I was exhausted, and my children looked like orphans. I thought Dylan's hair was crazy-looking, but Em actually gave him a compliment on it. She said it looked very British. It was so weird; I was smiling so much when she was here visiting that I got this weird cramp in my upper lip. I'm not kidding. The only other time I've gotten a cramped upper lip was when I was in hard labor with Gage. Weird. I guess I was just REALLY excited to see you, Em!!

As you can see from the following picture, Em is gorgeous:

Perfect clothes, perfect hair, perfect makeup, all the time. Me, on the other hand.... well... :)

Today I actually did my hair and makeup (I'm trying to make good on my resolution to do this more often), and then I took Gage to his Super Special weekly doctor's appointment. The receptionist asked for my child's name. I was like, weird. She and I know each other quite well, since we see each other every freakin' week. So I was like, "Um, Gage ____." She did a double-take and then said, "Oh my gosh, I didn't even RECOGNIZE you! You look so good!!!" I laughed.

Me and my friend, Camel, used to always tell each other that we were going to be "hot moms," and that we "wouldn't let ourselves go." I'm sad to say that I've totally flunked in the Hot Moms department. Hahahaha! Oh well. I'm doing my best. Someday I'll have more time, but I really am trying to make more of an effort.

Anyways, Em, it was so great to see you.

3 comments:

Emily Empey said...

aww how fun! I want my dear friend Em to come visit me!! Seriously I have a friend name Em- and we had so much in common she is my bestest friend! :) haha people know us as EM & EM! we were Em squared! haha i know i am rambling!
she is gorgeous and i think you are too!! I am trying to be better at fixing myself up too!

Anonymous said...

How fun to see your friend! She is gorgeous, but I agree with Emily, you're gorgeous too!:)

You looked SO GOOD yesterday with your makeup all done:)!! I need to learn how to do my makeup from you! I'm horrible at it!:P That's funny about the receptionist. What a compliment!:)

Camille said...

Kar -
Let's not even go there okay! Thanks for reminding me about that!!!
You ARE a hot mamma!
And Em - wow - she is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...