Monday, January 31, 2011

A Guarantee for Injury

That's what sledding is. Seriously. Every time I have ever, ever gone sledding, someone (usually me) gets hurt.

It's really my own fault. If I hadn't come up with the idea of building a jump...

Let me start at the beginning. Beads was here, still, and we wanted to go sledding. Even though the snow outside was kind of crusty and icy.

So we went out to a local golf course - the driving range. Aw yeah. A nice slope there. That driving range brings back a lot of really, really funny memories. Like when me and Missy G. were hitting balls during golf class, and I sliced one, of course, and it went over the trees to the ninth hole and hit a man right on his bald head. Not even kidding. She and I hit the deck so that he couldn't look up and see us. I felt really bad, but I also laughed for like two hours about it.

Anyways. I was a big jerk and didn't bring Micah. It was too cold out for Gage, so Mom offered to baby-sit him and Micah. I totally took her up on it. Micah just makes everything... so challenging. All he does is scream and push people, I swear. So it was just me and my oldest two. Nat was brave and brought all four of her younguns.

I was bored just going down the slope, so I had the bright idea of making a jump. Dylan loved that idea, so we worked on it together. All of the other kids cautiously avoided the jump, but not me and Dyl. And on our last run down, we decided to go together. We went over the jump, and when we landed, Dyl's head rammed into my jaw. It hurt for like two weeks. It still feels a little... off.

You know what was so cute, though? After we landed the jump and slid down the rest of the hill, I could tell that Dylan's head was raelly hurting, but the first thing he said was, "Mom, are you okay?" How stinking cute is he????

Pictures of the fun -

Nat and Sadie:

Jake? Maybe? It's hard to see -


Troy:


Beads and Ivy:


Nat, pushing Sadie and Brock:


Beads, Ivy, and Troy:

3 comments:

Emily Empey said...

hahahaha that made me laugh about the golf ball - how sad! Also Dyl is so sweet to think about you! Love it! I need to take Mary sledding!

Nat said...

That was way fun, and the snow was perfect! I'm sorry your jaw got hit with Dyl's head.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Sorry about your jaw, but that is so sweet that Dylan was worried about you:) Next time it snows we should go together! The boys would LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...