Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cuff and Stuff

We-ell... Our drug dealer neighbor got arrested a couple of weeks ago. I was at work, but this is how it went down:

My mom was bringing something over to my house. I'm not sure what. She was driving away when she saw three cop cars driving toward our end of the street, lights off. She had a feeling this had to do with our neighbor, so she went around the block, parked in our driveway, and came right back in to our house to watch the action. She and Ben turned off the lights inside our house so they could discreetly watch through the windows.

According to Mom and Ben, they brought the drug dealer out in handcuffs. A cigarette was dangling from her lips. Then they put her in the back of the car and drove away.

I was soooo excited. I just... don't like the fact that people are buying drugs across the street from me, you know? She is nice enough - she actually yelled at some hooligans who were trying to stab our inflatable snowman before Christmas, scaring them off. But no amount of snowman defenses makes up for dealing drugs in my neighborhood. That's how I feel about it.

Apparently she made bail? Or was released without being charged? Because she was back home in like four days. Sigh. And the activity continues - cars coming, keeping their engines running, people going into the house without knocking or ringing the doorbell, coming out in like two seconds, and leaving. I see maybe 15 or so of the same cars, over and over. But some cars are totally new to me. When I can see the license plate numbers, I write them down, along with the date and the time. But the house is situated in such a way that it's difficult for me to see the license plates without actually going outside and writing them down. And I don't want to be that obvious. I have to watch my own safety, you know?

Every now and then, a cop will go to her house and talk to her about... who knows what. But at least we're seeing more of the cops lately. That makes me glad. It just never seems to coincide with a drug deal, unfortunately.

A couple of days after she came home, I was out shoveling, and she was coming out of her house and getting into her boyfriend's car. He came out of the house, shouting at her: "You aren't taking my car ANYWHERE." I chuckled into my scarf. I wouldn't trust her either. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, glad she got arrested... sad it didn't at least make her more cautious. :P

Emily Empey said...

haha That story makes me laugh! I remember you telling me that story!

Anonymous said...

UGH! I would hate having drug dealers in my neighborhood! Hope they get her for good next time!

Mindy H. said...

I hope they didn't just let her go. Maybe she cut a deal and is giving the police info on suppliers and buyers? Maybe she is out on bail and just trying to score enough money to skip town? Crime dramas are best played out on TV and not in our neighborhoods. I hope yours ends soon with no casulties...snowmen or otherwise.

Kristen said...

I totally wanna know this lady's name. Ya know, I work with people like her work. Did you know you can look up anybody's criminal history, and it's public info? Message me if you want to know how.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Drats! I heard that she got arrested and I was hoping (for your sake, and frankly for her own good) that it was for an extended period of time! She will get some time, and when she does I am sure it will be a doozy. Sounds like the police are at least aware that something is going on. Which is good. In the mean time, keep your doors locked at all times!!! I know I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...