Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thoroughly Modern Sadie

Sades had her dance recital last month - soooooooooo cute. Sadly, I couldn't get the videos of her dances to upload to YouTube or to Blogger. We video things with our new camera, which apparently tapes things in HD, so I wonder if the files are too big, or something. So that's sad, because the dances were so stinkin' CUTE.

They did a 1920's flapper dance (my fave), a dance to "My Boyfriend's Back" - with the cutest poodle skirts and horn-rimmed glasses, and a cheerleading dance, complete with pom-poms, to "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.

I LOVE 1920's stuff. It reminds me of that movie, Thoroughly Modern Millie. Dang, I love that show. I should put it on my queue for Netflix. Hmmm. Or just buy it.

My cousin (the dance teacher), Kort, had a friend make the headbands for the 1920's dance, and they were so PERFECT. Very 1920's:


Look at how cute these little girls are. I had Sadie's hair in a bun that day, but with the Santa hat, she looks kind of... bald:


How sad. All of those little girls' moms will look at these pictures and say, "Who's the little girl with alopecia??"

Another pic, with the girls dogpiling Kort:


A shout-out to Mom for making the cutest little costumes this side of the Pecos. Those red costumes took her many moons to complete. I wish you could see the 1950's outfits. So adorable.

Here are some pics from the night of the show. Mom:


Sades (I actually had time to do her makeup for the show. She loved it. I used to love when my mom did my makeup for my dance recitals. I felt so beautiful. And I loved the smell of the foundation):


Her eyebrows are so blonde. I tried to color them in with eyebrow pencil, but I kept doing it crooked, so I just gave up:

I had to get to the theater early with Sadie, so Ben brought the kids a little bit later. And he forgot to pack burp cloths. Biiiiiig problem. We had to use Gage's blanket for his barfing. He barfed all over my poor dad's coat that night, and it was that really nasty Nutramigen stuff. I think this picture was taken post-barf:


Dude, my dad is so dang handsome.

So anyways. Fun was had by all. Sadie is the cutest little pidgeon-toed dancer ever!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that movie!!!
And Sadie is adorable.

Emily Empey said...

oh Sadie looks gorgeous in her make up!! I would have loved tosee the cute dances! stupid HD :) haha!

Anonymous said...

Mark can help you guys out with how to fix your files so you can upload them to youtube. I have toi do all this fancy stuff with my new camera. I hate it, but it's definately worth it!

Anonymous said...

I really want to see those videos so I'll tell Mark and send him over sometime. Maybe today... lol

Sadie is so cute! And she looks so pretty with makeup on! She's gonna be a knock out so you better watch out!:)

lexykay said...

she is so cute! i want to see that video so bad! thank you for blogging so much. i know i don't always comment, but your posts make my day!

Camille said...

Wow your mom is the best to make all those costumes. They are awesome! She must like to do it?

Amy said...

Sadie is such an adorable dancer! Erin tried the dance thing last year and decided it wasn't for her. And such a talented mother you have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...