Friday, April 3, 2009

Chocolate Walls

I have never quite met such chocolate lovers as Nat and Pete. So it's fitting that, when Nat decided to paint her living room/kitchen, she chose two different colors of chocolate. She recruited Mom and I to help, because Pete wouldn't have anything to do with it. There are two reasons for this: 1) He is an Industrial Hygeinist, which means his job is all about safety practices. It freaks him out to climb a ladder or to watch others climb ladders. He wouldn't put Christmas lights on his house because of it. It's a major issue for him. 2) He likes white walls.

So Pete "watched the kids" while Mom, Nat, and I worked. I put that in quotes, because it's hard to contain four teeny kids in one downstairs room for an entire day. Troy kept escaping and coming upstairs to "help" us. Troy is Very Important. He always has to be in on the adult action. Screw playing with the other little kids. He was wearing his footed jammies, and he stepped in a tray of paint at one point. Nat ended up having to cut the foot off. (Not Troy's foot. The foot of his pajamas. Just wanted to clarify that.) Which is really what ends up happening to most footed jammies, at least in my house. My kids get too tall for them, but if we cut off the feet (of the jammies, not the children), they can last for a few more months.

Brock was so cute. For much of the day, he sat on the couch, which was pushed into the middle of the room, and lipsynced Kanye West songs. He stayed out of the way, for the most part, but at one point, he touched the wall by accident. The chocolate-colored paint on his hand kind of freaked him out.

Okay. Here is the "before" picture of the kitchen:

Sorry I don't have any "before" pictures of the living room. Here is the deep chocolate wall. It turned out beautifully:

Here's the opposite wall, which we painted the color of chocolate milk, except for the little recessed part above, which we painted that dark chocolate color:

See? Proof that it truly is the color of chocolate milk:


Here is the "after" shot of the kitchen. I think the colors look really nice against the light cupboards:


I was supposed to go to the Young Women's broadcast that night, but all I wanted to do was sleep, because it took us HOURS to paint. Painting is exhausting!!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Thanks for helping me paint! It turned out so good!

Amy said...

What a good sister you are to join the painting brigade. It's a ton of work, but it looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Great job!! I think it looks gorgeous!! I have fallen in love with the color brown in the last couple months! I especially love combining brown with blue or pink!! So pretty!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...