Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gorgeous!!!

I have wanted to paint my living room ever since we moved in a year and a half ago. It has been this ugly off-white color. So not me. I'm a color-meister. You may or may not recall that I helped Nat to paint her living room a few weeks ago, and she suggested that we paint my living room the following Saturday, while we were in the painting state of mind. So we did it!!! Here are some pictures of the process. We let Dylan and Sadie pretend they were painting - believe me, after these shots, we shooed them out of the living room for the rest of the day. Sadie:

You can see in the background what a boring color, or lack-of-color, my living room was. You can also see in the background my flat butt. No matter how much I weigh, my butt is as flat as a board. So funny.

Dylan:

Ben had to scrub off some residue from some sticky backing we had used to hang some stuff. I used the word "some" three times in that sentence:

Here am I, doing some trim and exhorting the kids not to touch the paint:

And here is the finished product. SO BEAUTIFUL!! I'm terribly pleased by the result:

Nat, I need to write you an official thank-you note, but for now, thanks a million for helping me, and for kicking my lazy butt into gear to do something I've wanted to do for ages. And Mom, thanks for taking the kids for a few hours.

Now if I could just scrape up the money to get new carpet... I HATE my living room carpet. So ugly. Someday.

9 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, don't worry about the thank you note; I can't remember if I wrote one to you or not! It turned out really well! As I've been cleaning I've been wanting to repaint, like, everything. But like you, I don't really want to do white. So, down the road someday, I may have to steal you again to paint with me. Maybe next conference?

Amy said...

Love it! It looks so rich and luxurious. Very well done. Bravo!

Angela said...

Looks great Kar! Love the color. We have a yellow wall in our front room and I especailly love it in the fall and at Christmas.

amanda said...

So pretty. Yellow is a hard color to get right.

I like your flat butt.

Anonymous said...

Totally GORGEOUS!! I LOVE it Karlenn!! Great job and way to go Nat, getting her off her lazy (flat) butt:) Hehe

Megann said...

It's beautiful! I love your style.

The Dillons said...

That looks beautiful! I love it!!! The color is great...and for your bum...mine is like that too! haha dang flat bums

Mindy H. said...

Wow! You and Nat sure do beautiful work! One of these days, when I am a rich and famous teacher who can afford a house, I will hire both of you to decorate that house. I guess I will just have to gaze at these lovely pictures on your blog until then :)

Barnard Family said...

You are a little colorista...I could use the help out here. Come for a visit would ya?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...