Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whaaaa????

That is a good "whaaaa?", not a bad "whaaaa?". So yesterday, Ben got a call from a local architect to whom he had given his resume back in January. The architect said that he is interested in interviewing Ben for a part-time position. Ben told this architect that he already accepted a full-time position with another firm, but that he would be greatly interested in doing part-time, nighttime work for this guy. The guy said that would be great, and he's interviewing Ben on Thursday.

Can you imagine what will happen if this works out? I won't have to work at all!!! I could be home with my babies!

But I mustn't get myself too excited. We shall see what happens.

One of my friends, Amy's, husband was unemployed for a couple of months early this year, as well, and during that trial, she mentioned the Lord's tender mercies that she could feel and see during this difficult time. When I read that, I bitterly thought, about my own similar trial, "I see no tender mercies. All I see is despair and hopelessness." I couldn't see, during my trial, the same thing that Amy could see. But as the weeks of unemployment dragged on and on, I started to really count my blessings. Especially when I saw all of the people at the psychiatrist's office where I work and what horrible things they are going through. I have definitely seen His tender mercies in my life. I have a loving and kind husband. I have beautiful, healthy children. The church has helped us with groceries and some bills. What could have been so much more horrific ended up just being mainly unpleasant. I have been clinging to the scriptures and to prayer, and I feel that I have grown closer to Him. Not only did he help me get through this trial, but now he is showering us with so many blessings. I could not be more grateful. I just keep saying to Him, all day, in my mind, "Thank you so much. Thank you."

I'll let you know what happens. The interview is tomorrow.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

that would be really cool if it all worked out that way. I hope for the best!

PS what is the Quiet Coyote sign? :D

Anonymous said...

How awesome!! Good luck Ben!! You are such an inspiration to me Karlenn!! I'm so glad that you are being blessed now and that you've gained so much from this trial! Congrats on the interview and I hope it all works out!!

Nat said...

Wow! That would be awesome! OR, you could still work for a little bit and, if this job works out, pay what Ben earns onto the Micah bill so that it would be gone! And then quit. :) Good luck to Ben w/ the interview.

Patty said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!

Unknown said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed! That's exciting, oh but not too exciting yet. :)

And, the spot I take the kids is Mission Point at Mission Beach. I love it! No waves and usually uncrowded. Perfect.

The Dillons said...

I am so behind on your blog. It is finals week, it has been crazy! But I saw the pictures of Michah looking like Alfalfa and that is cute! I think the story of Sadie is adorable! I am excited to see what he says to Ben, I hope he can work so you can be with your kiddos! Life goes so much smoother if you focus on tender mercies given by Heavenly Father, that has been a huge thing with our roommates!

Angela said...

Congrats on the first job & good luck with the interview! That would be so great! Thanks for sharing your feelings about this trial you've gone through and your testimony.

Gloria said...

I know it has been such a trial for you Karlenn. But I knew you would both come through it. Thank you for hanging in there and growing from this experience. When I prayed and fasted for you guys I felt good that something positive would happen. I know the Lord is definitely watching over you.

I love the pictures of the kids. They are so cute. I love Natalie's kitchen. What a difference. You do such a good job on your Blog Karlenn. It is so great! Love you bunches.

Lynita said...

Wow I hope that it works out! It is amazing how trials humble us even if we think we are humble enough! ;) I am so proud of you for working so hard to get through this, instead of sitting on your bum and saying "woe is me"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...