Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What We've Been Doing for the Last Few Days.

Barfing. And having diarrhea accidents in our underwear. And that's not just the kids. I had my turn last night. ALL NIGHT LONG. It was one of those times when I was begging Heavenly Father to just kill me and put me out of my misery. And I seriously should have sent Ben out for some Depends, because Dang.

It started out with Sadie on Saturday night. One minute, she was great. The next minute, it was like she was hit by a ton of bricks. Barfing Bricks. She barfed every ten minutes, all night long. I stayed up with her, camping on the floor of her bedroom, when I wasn't doing loads and loads of laundry. She still barfed all day Sunday. This picture is from Sunday:

I broke the Sabbath by going to the store to get some Pedialyte, because I was seriously concerned about her becoming dehydrated. She fell asleep on the hardwood floor while waiting for me. I tried to take a pic of her sleeping, but she woke up and stretched right when I was going to snap it. I kept her home from school yesterday (and I kept myself home from work), and she was still looking peaked, but no barf. Xena, our new cat (more on that in a later post), is a good comforter when one is sick:

Then I got it last night while we were at Leo's Place. Again, one minute, I was fine. The next, sicker than a dog. And I struggled with it all night. Today, I'm still very weak, and extremely achey, but no more nausea. And I'm keeping the diarrhea thing in check with tons and tons of Immodium AD. Whoever invented Immodium AD is my hero.

This morning, it was Dylan's turn:

I feel so badly. I wish there was something I could do to make his nausea go away. Does Ipicack work? I seem to remember Mom mentioning that when I was a kid. Or Pepto??

So, don't come near the House of Sickness for a few days. And pray that Micah and Ben don't get it. That will NOT be fun.

7 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, man! I hope we don't get it since I saw you on Sunday! Ahhhh! Hate the barfies. I hope you all get to feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry!! That's worse than we had it! I hope it all goes away soon and that Ben and Micah don't get it!! Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Amy said...

Sorry to hear that the sickies have visited you yet again. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

GAH I HATE that. Hope it passes soon and doesn't hit anyone else.

PS what is on the kids ankles?

Mindy H. said...

I am so sorry for your cute little family! Few things in life are worse that that wretched stomach sickness. I hope the others don't get it and that the rest of you are back on your feet soon.

amanda said...

Bad, bad stuff. Bad. {shiver.}

Lynita said...

Dang, that sounds like a terrible flu bug, I am so sorry that you all had to get it! I hope that you are all feeling better very soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...