Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hurt Feelings

My brother-in-law, Pete, loves this show called Flight of the Conchords. He is forever coaxing us to sit in front of his computer and watch snippets of it. The ones I've seen are really hilarious. My sister, Lex, is also a huge fan. These dudes are from New Zealand, I think. And they write and sing really funny songs and perform little skits. I became an instant fan when they did a takeoff on the scene from Footloose, where Kevin Bacon is really pissed and dances by himself in an abandoned train station. Sooooo funny.

Anyways, Pete and Nat's ward had a talent show, and they decided it would be funny to perform a song from Flight of the Conchords. They chose "Hurt Feelings." But they didn't have a version without pre-recorded words. Lex's friend, Mark, has all of these gadgets so that he can record music, right from his apartment. He's really into music. So he and Lex played their guitars, added a synth beat, and recorded it. It sounded so good and really professional.

I went to Nat and Pete's talent show to be their official videographer. :) They did such a good job! This is so stinkin' funny:

3 comments:

Barnard Family said...

OMGosh! that was so funny...it made me nostalgic for our talent show musical mystery extravaganza! lol...good times, good times...

Nat said...

Thanks for videoing it for us! I wish that Pete would have done it with me for Lex at mom and dad's, but I think he was embarrassed or something.

Gregg said...

Thats a funny show. Good job Nat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...