Monday, April 27, 2009

Handy Gramps

Look what my cute gramps made for me:

He also made one for Mom and Nat. He came up a few weeks ago from St. George, where he winters. He drove up during that blizzard that put six inches of snow on the ground, and then he blew a tire in the middle of it. He didn't have a cell phone, and two Hispanic guys stopped to help him put the spare on. When he told me this story, I said, "Welcome back to Idaho!!!"

I came home from work later that week, and here this was, on my front stoop. He is so stinkin' cute.

I'm a bad granddaughter. I've been wanting to have him over for dinner, but I have been soooooo busy with work, and then I got soooooo sick. But I'm going to invite him over for this weekend. Mom invited him over to her house for our big Easter celebration, but he declined. (I think my and Nat's kids stress him out. They really are loud. But you know, they're kids.) So maybe a quick dinner at my house will be okay and not stress him out. :)

4 comments:

Megann said...

NO kids are louder than my sister's kids...no one.

Nat said...

Cute Grandpa. I still need to write him a thank-you note. And I should have him over, too, but same with the noise with the kids. I think it stresses him out, but also he can't hear through the din of the kids.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Gpa. I miss mine.

Beej said...

I love grandpa. He's my favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...