Friday, December 4, 2009

It was c-c-c-c-cold outside.

Ben was donating plasma the night of our ward's trunk-or-treat, so I dressed up the kids yet again and prepared to do the Halloween thing by myself:

Kids these days have like four or five opportunities to get dressed up and get candy. They can make a killing.

Micah HATED his costume. He was miserable:


Can I tell you how cool our ward is? It truly is like a big family. Everyone participates in everything. I think I was the only adult not dressed up. (I really hate dressing up for Halloween. Costumes are so uncomfortable. It's all about comfort for me.) And I was probably the only person who didn't bring a trunk full of decorations, candy, and homemade goodies. But I couldn't man my candy and take the kids all around, right? I just can't do it all.



Holy crap, was it cold. We went to all the trunks really really fast and then RAN home. Killer cold. Micah was miserable, of course. I managed to placate him a little bit with a sucker:


Here is the Patty-meister as a cute little cop:

My ward is the bomb-dot-com.

6 comments:

The Dillons said...

I am way sad that I missed it, but then again I hate the cold. Looks like fun!

Oh and Karlenn when I said I like most pop, Lady Gaga is in there...I don't know if she really falls in there but the radio I listen to has her :) I like to shake my booty too. And that is awesome that you get Ben's ipod, i'm jealous :)

Nat said...

Dude, I love trunk-or-treats; they're way better than door-to-door -a ton of candy all in one spot, in like, 5 minutes.

Patty said...

Truck or Treat was fun. I make an adorably chubby cop. That night was too stinking cold for October. Michah at least looked warm.

Emily Zoe Hale said...

Hooray! I love having new blog stalkers. I, in turn, will now stalk your blog!

Amy said...

Fun costumes! I am not one to dress up on Halloween either. So good of you to take your kids to all five Halloween events alone without Ben. You win the super mom award!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad we missed it!! I really wanted to go, but asked Megann when it was a day too late:P Oh, well. I heard it was cold so maybe it was better that we missed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...