Friday, December 25, 2009

Thending Christhmath Cards

Which Christmas song is my post title from? Ten points. Look at all of these opportunities to get points!

I really love to make homemade cards, as you know. But I only make 25 Christmas cards every year, because they take FOR-E-VERRRRRR. FOR-E-VERRRR. What movie is that from??? Ten points. So if I didn't send you one of these homemade cards, don't be offended. I just sent them out to the first 25 people who sent me cards. And then, for the others who sent me cards past the first twenty-five, I went to the store and got some equally cute cards that were like $2 for a whole box. Something I'm sorely tempted to do next year for all of my cards.

I got lots of help this year from my fam.

These cards involved a buttload of eyelets, so I taught my kids how to set eyelets into holes and very nervously let them do it.

Dylan, putting an eyelet into the hole:

Then hammering the backside of the eyelet:

I love that little grimace he makes when he's concentrating on something.
Sadie just wanted to watch at first:

Then decided to give it a try.

The kids were interested in this for like five minutes, tops. Then they got bored and left me in my storage room to finish the job. (Eyelets are more easily hammered on cement than on a table.)
Ben very kindly offered to do some glueing with his special glue from his grad school days. He has made many, many models using that glue:

Wanna see my cards?:


Cute, huh??

12 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

the FOREVER line is from SANDLOT...ha ha ha, love that movie!! And, I totally know what you mean about making Christmas cards. Last year I made a billion of them...this year I didn't even send cards to anyone, nor did I give any to my friends with their presents!

The Dillons said...

Hm... I am not sure about the title, sounds familiar. I love the cards, they are very cute! Merry Christmas!

spoonTRex said...

CUTE cards!! I love them!! I totally understand about only making 25 of them! Handmade cards are so hard! I think I made our Christmas cards for only 2 years, now we just do them all digitally and it makes life SO easy!! Merry Christmas!!:)

Anonymous said...

spoonTRex was me. I didn't realize Mark was signed in. It's too early to think straight. LOL

Mindy H. said...

Dude! I don't even mail out Christmas cards, let alone hand make 25 of them. Your cards are beautiful, and the folks making them ain't anything to sneeze at either. I hope your Christmas was as beautiful as your cards!

lexykay said...

the title is from the 12 things i hate about christmas song. "putting up these lights!!" haha always makes me think about Dad. i love dylan's expressions. such a cutie!

Nat said...

DOH, Lex beat me. Yeah, I totally would not send out your homemade cards. I'd keep 'em all for myself, if it were me! Like, I'd send cards to myself in the mail or something, saying "You're the best mom ever!" or "You're a hottie!", or something. Little pick-me-up notes, and then I'd keep them and scrapbook them! Just a thought, dude.

Unknown said...

all I want for christmas is my two front teeth, and Sandlot :)

I actually knew those two! :D anyhow... I understand the trepidation about letting the kids do stuff... especially with hammers of any sort lol.

Unknown said...

ok so maybe I didn't know the first one lol

Beej said...

Hangovers! Cute cards Kar. Love mine!

Emily Empey said...

Those are adorable cards! I love how you make them- i LOVE the one you made from me when i had surgery! so cute! oh and the pie-- you should make me some! :)

Patty said...

You are the craftiest damn woman I know. Holy Hannah, Kar. Craft away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...