Monday, December 28, 2009

We're Preggars!!!

Yepyepyep! We're preggars. El preganente. Pregsters. Expecting. I have a bun in the oven. I'm eating for two. (Wait. I already do that.)

Yes, it was planned. We only started trying at the beginning of this month! I am Fertile Myrtle. Nat says that Ben and I can just look at each other and I can get pregnant. My friend Rach used to always say that, if she and her hubs washed their underwear together, they got pregnant. :)

I wanted to wait until Micah turned two to start trying, but Ben and I were getting extremely strong spiritual impressions that it was time to start now. It was difficult to follow these promptings, because I get soooooooooooo sick when I'm pregnant, for most of the pregnancy. You may recall that I only gained 9 pounds with Micah. I was one sick lady. My spirit desperately wanted to get pregnant, but my mind and body were rebelling in a major way. But I decided to be brave and do what I know Heavenly Father wants me to do. I can't deny those promptings I got. And hopefully Heavenly Father will help me through it. If I'm still sick as a dog, well, maybe that's one of my trials in life that I'm supposed to have. My trial is not, thankfully, infertility. One of my trials, so far, is difficult pregnancies.

I figure I'm about three weeks along. The sickness hits at about four to six weeks along, so I should be getting sick in about a week or two. I'll be spending lots of time on the couch. And I need to get a new barf bucket - I threw out the one I used during Micah's pregnancy. Though I'm very much bracing myself for my nausea, I want it to come so that I'll feel like this pregnancy is real, you know? I also want it to come because, for me, sickness means a viable pregnancy. When I was pregnant with the baby I miscarried, I felt strangely good.

So bring it on, pregnancy! Bring on the nausea and vomiting! Bring on everything tasting gross! Bring on Ben's breath always smelling like Kraft Macaroni and cheese to me! Bring on being unable to lie on my tummy or back! Bring on heartburn that feels like I'm being stabbed! I'm ready for ya!!!

We did tell the kids. (I'm telling everyone. That's just how I roll. I cannot keep a secret to save my life.) Dylan looked at me quizzically and said, "How do you know that you're pregnant?" I said, "I peed on that stick over there, and it told me." Dylan looked at the pregnancy test and yelled, "Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!"

Sadie looked at me earnestly and said in her cute little lisp, "I want a thithter." I said, "I'll do my best." We'll be happy with either, honestly.

I think Dylan is under the impression that you get pregnant when you pee on a stick. I heard him telling his friend today, "My mom peed on a stick today, and now she's pregnant!" Oh well.

Sadie has been touching my belly fat all day and saying, "I can feel the baby! She's getting big!" No, Sade. That's just my FAT. :)

So, wish us luck! Luck that the baby will be viable. Luck that I can handle this pregnancy.

18 comments:

Layton Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jenny said...

congratulations and good luck!

anjie said...

Woo Hooo!! You can do it!

(When I am pregnant I have found that eating lots of protein helps a ton with the nausea. I put away the saltines and ate cheese, eggs, etc. And peppermint can help take the edge off.)

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAY!! I'm so excited for you guys! And lucky you that you're so fertile!! It will be so much fun being pregnant together! I can't wait to get big and fat and take pictures back to back. LOL I know, I'm so silly:)

Patty said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I want Sades to have a sister too. I hope Dyllie doesn't go around peeing on tree branches hoping to have a baby of his own! Do you want your books back?

amanda said...

Congrats!!!

Megann said...

Congratulations! You commented awhile back that you were baby hungry, but I didn't realize how serious you were! I'm glad it happened so quickly. Hope you don't get too sick, but if you do there are many of us willing to help out.

The Dillons said...

Congrats Kar! Now you will have a reason to eat in Relief Society ;) Good luck with the pregnancy!

Nat said...

YAY! It will be fun to have another neice or nephew. And maybe you'll luck out this time and not be sick.

Mindy H. said...

What a great Christmas present! Congrats and good luck! I will keep you and your wonderful family in my prayers!

Emily Empey said...

Yay! How fun! I am sooooooo jealous! and very excited for you

Gifford Family said...

Congratulations and good luck. I can empathize with you... I am sick the entire 40 weeks it seems. I hope things go well.

Lynita said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats! I hope that Sadie gets a little thister! Maybe this pregnancy will be slightly better than Micah's I hope for you anyways! I think it is funny that Ben's breath smells like Mac N Cheese to you... LOL!

Amy said...

Congrats! How very exciting for you guys. I hope that all of Sadie's wishes come true for a sister. I can't even imagine only trying for a month. Wow!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How cool is that!?! I understand the need to FEEL preggers. Hilarious Dylans reaction :) I needed a good laugh!

Camille said...

Oh sweet Karlenn you are a brave good girl!
I completely understand the sickness thing, but unlike you I am not brave enough to go through it again! I guess I need inspiration from you. So keep me posted and keep telling me it's worth it!!!!
Good luck to you - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jane said...

I know I am late, but Congratulations!

idasale said...

OKay so I missed this post somehow and can't believe I did.Congrats!! THe only reason I looked was becuase of Facebook. lol ANy way I know how you feel in not being about to deny the spirit and trying now...We got the same feeling with number 4 and I was so not really thinking I was ready I mean heck my oldest of 3 was only 3 at the time but we really knew she was supposed to be here and that it was a she(also a touchy subject) but I am so greatful we listened because she is the best baby we have had so far I can't imagine life without her! Good luck and I will be praying for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...