Monday, December 28, 2009

OrnaMENTAL

Remember my all-nighter? Preparing these ornaments?? I am a glutton for punishment, friends. I had some friends who wanted some (they offered to pay - don't worry, I'm not that sadistic), so I made a whole bunch more. These ones turned out a lot nicer than the originals, I felt:

I really, really like having the wooden pieces in the center, vs. the metal-rimmed tags. That was an idea contributed by the Patty-meister.

Ben, a.k.a. The Coolest Husband in the World, helped me make them. We worked together for 20 hours to make 22 ornaments. It would have taken me forty hours to do alone! Holy crap!! It was definitely a labor of love, because if I had charged, say, $10 an hour for labor, plus materials, they would be like $22 each. Yikes. Bikes.

Ben wants me to start an etsy, selling homemade cards and these ornaments, but I'm not so sure I ever want to make ornaments again, after that extravaganza. And who would pay $22 per ornament? No one I know. The etsy idea really is something I want to pursue, but I'm trying to figure out when I would have time to do something like that. I have no time as it is. And my house is a pit. So maybe when I get my act together I can pursue the etsy thing. My stepmother-in-law started an etsy, sewing children's clothes, and business is booming for her. It's amazing to me.

We had some leftover chipboard, and Ben used it, plus some leftover paper, to make his own little ornaments:

I love that he's creative and artistic. It's one of my favorite things about him. The finished products:

Simple, but beautiful.


If I ever start my etsy, I'll have him sell his ornaments on there, too. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love the title! You guys are crazy for making so many. That's awesome that Ben helped you out so it wouldn't take so long!! I love those ornaments he made. I'd love to buy one of those from you. I can't wait to see your etsy shop! That would be so cool!:)

Patty said...

You should store up all your etsy stuff and when you have a good supply... put er online. Then you won't feel the pressure.
I'll do your accounting.

Nat said...

Yes, so cute, but if I were you I'd keep all the cute stuff to myself. Just like the cards.

Mindy H. said...

You and Ben make a great team! You are both so creative and work so well together. I'm sure the new baby will turn out pretty darn cute too. ;)

Lynita said...

So dang cute, I just might steal that idea for my friends next year! Ryan keeps telling me that my friends and I should do that, but seriously where are we supposed to get the time for something like that?!

Chad said...

I had just read the preggars entry, and I thought that's what Megan was talking about. "You guys are crazy for making so many." :) Crazy you!

Emily Empey said...

Wow Kar! Thanks for making me feel guilty! But i love LOVE the ornaments! I have that other 5 for you! I promise I didn't forget :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...