Monday, December 7, 2009

The Jungle Book

My cute, cute mom bought Nat, me, Dylan, and Jake (and her) tickets to see the play, The Jungle Book. She is so thoughtful. The play was awesome - perfect for little kids.

Here are Dylan and Jake, messing around in the foyer of the theater:


I don't think these two could be any cuter.

My thoughtful mama:


Me and Dylie:

So I found out, right when the play was starting, that Dylan had gone with his school that day to watch it. I had no idea! No permission slips, no nothing. I guess times have changed since I was in school? So I felt bad. I could have taken Sadie, and I think she would have actually held still and watched it! Dylan is sooooooooooooo hyper.
Anyways, the actors and actresses were great singers and really funny, and I really enjoyed it. While I kept telling Dylan to sit still and be quiet. :) Jake really liked it, but he hated the sentimental, slow songs. He would hide his head in his lap and cover his ears. It was really funny. I feel the same about slow, sentimental songs, Jake.
Afterwards, Dylan wouldn't go on the stage with me to get a picture. He was being so weird and hyper. This was the closest I could get him to the stage - hanging on the orchestra pit ledge:


Sorry I didn't catch a picture of ya, Nat. I suck.
Thanks again for the tickets, mom! Dylan and I loved it! It's so fun doing something different and fun, and with just one kid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ya... I get permission slips every time the kids leave the school. Maybe bring it to the attention of the school staff? That would be conserning to me.

Glad you had a great time! :)

Layton Mom said...

WE all signed permission slips at the beginning of the year when we registered. It said that it was good for the whole year unless we stated otherwise. Maybe you did that too, but I would still check with the school.

I have your bows ready!

Amy said...

What a neat experience for your kids! It's cool that your mom is able to take you guys to see plays.

Nat said...

That was really fun! I suck, because I didn't blog about it. Thumbs down for me. But thumbs up for the play.

Anonymous said...

That would be so fun! I think Jonas would've loved it too, but Brynnan would've been like Dyl. Not sitting still and all that fun stuff:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...