Friday, December 11, 2009

Trick-or-Treating at Ben's Office

Ben's office is extremely social. They are always having parties and contests and all kinds of stuff. In fact, his work Christmas party is tonight, and from the sounds of it, it's going to be a blast. I got an e-mail about a month ago from the secretary, asking me for a baby picture of Ben. I guess one of the games tonight has to do with matching the employee to his/her baby picture. I'm excited. I love parties.

Anyways, the day before Halloween proper, Ben's office had a trick-or-treating thing. We could bring the kids there to go from cubicle to cubicle, office to office, getting candy. Ben usually gets his required hours in by noon on Fridays, and then I go to work on Friday afternoons, so he was actually the one who took the kids to his own office. These are the pictures he took.

Apparently Micah was in better spirits about his costume that day:


Which doesn't really surprise me. I think I bring out the worst in Micah. The minute I enter a room where he is, he becomes whiney and angry and weird. It's neat. I read somewhere that is a good thing - when your kids are like that around you, it means they trust you enough to show you that side of themselves. I don't know. Whatev.

Ben was also able to talk Sadie into wearing her little boot cover thingeys and her cape with her outfit this time:


Ben has magical powers which I do not possess.

I love how Sadie's mask squishes her little cheekbones:


That mask of hers was tight. But she also has a big heed. Like her mama.

Ben's office is really, really cool. Very modern. I really like this staircase. It's out in the open, not enclosed, and it's bright red:


The dudes who work at the top of this staircase made their whole office area a spook alley. I guess the kids were freaking out. So funny. See? Like I said, Ben's office is one big party. Which I think is pretty freakin' awesome.

Slides, anyone?

3 comments:

Patty said...

How fun! Our work parties are totally lame. We have them... but it's like everyone comes with the spouse, sits with their spouse, talks to their spouse, and leaves with their spouse.

Maybe I should be a stow-a-way at one of Ben's work parties and then bring the good ideas back!

Lyndsay said...

Your post really made me miss working for Brad's dad (well, Brad working for him). They used to have contests for the best decorated office space and did the trick or treating, and the Christmas party, oh it was always the best. Sigh... Those were the good ole days (I'll tell you all about them soon).

Anonymous said...

I wish Mark had work paties, but there are only 4 guys and a girl that work there, including the 2 owners!! It's a really SMALL business, which isn't bad, actually. That's really cool that Ben's office has fun parties! Enjoy the Christmas one!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...