Monday, December 21, 2009

Come to My Window

Who sang the song that is my title? Ten points, dude.

The dude that lived in the house before us remodeled our bathroom, using some kind of fake wood to frame the window. Then, when he painted the fake wood, he didn't use primer first. Just slapped on a couple of layers of white paint.

So, for the past two years, through all the heat of our showers, the paint has chipped and peeled off the fake wood frame. It looked like crap. It was driving me nuts.

A couple of weeks ago, my amazing man ripped out the fake wood and put in a new frame:


Complete with primer and paint. Can I tell you how much I love having a hubs who is so handy? The old frame was kind of old-fashioned - the new one is modern and clean-looking. Just right.

Now we need to re-paint the ceiling, which was also not primed:

6 comments:

Patty said...

Melissa Ethridge.

Go Handyman Ben!
My man has good ideas.... and a wife to see them through.

Meh.

Nat said...

Awesome work, Ben! Maybe this coming spring we'll have to do some more painting in your house, and in mine!

Norlund Clan said...

We did not use a kit for the crystal tree. The tree is just two pieces of cardboard cut into a tree shape and then I cut a slit in the top of one and the bottom of the other then stuck them together so they would stand. I put it into the bowl and then mixed 2 T. salt, 2T blueing and 1 T ammonia and poured it into the bowl around the tree. You just let it stand and the cardboard absorbs the liquid and grows crystals. I bet Dylan would love to do it. Sometimes it can grow within a few hours and sometime it will take a day or two.

anjie said...

Dang! i finally knew an answer to one of you questions and I didn't get here fast enough!

Good work!

Norlund Clan said...

Bluing is a laundry thing that is suppose to make your clothes look whiter I found "Mrs. Stewarts Liquid Bluing" at Albertsons. It is in the laundry isle. It is in a blue bottle with white lid and white label (a picture of an old lady is on the front). It might help to google it so you can see what the bottle looks like. I would not have found it if I did not see what it looked like first. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love it when Mark gets all handymanish:) It just makes me feel all special. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...