Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Alaskan Alms

My folks went on a cruise to Alaska a few months ago. They brought me back some cool stuff. A very modern, cool-looking watch from a shop on the boat:

And an ulu:


You're supposed to be able to chop stuff with it - nuts, veggies, anything. I've been too chicken to try it out, though. And I'm usually in such a hurry when I'm cooking that I'm like, "I'll just use my regular knife. I'll try the ulu out later." I feel guilty. I really need to give it a shot.
Thanks for thinking of me, Mom and Pops. I LOVE getting gifts and souvenirs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice gifts!! :) I'd be afraid to use the ulu too. Probably because I'd cut myself though. Also it looks so pretty and shiny.

Unknown said...

I LOVE MY ULU!!!! it cuts EVERYTHING (including fingertips so be careful while cutting onions...).

My favorite is using it on raw chicken... it cuts better than any other knife I've ever owned (which really isn't saying much, but still, you get the point!)

Use it!!!!

Lyndsay said...

Ohh! I want one of those! Guess I'd better send my parents on an Alaksan cruise. Next time your parents go tell them to invite my mom and dad!! Now, go use it!!!

Emily Empey said...

haha I would love an ULU! how cool is that! I should have Ang bring me one! hahha

Mindy H. said...

How fun! Presents from trips are always exciting, and your parents have great taste!

I am also glad to hear that Gage, although stinky, is on the path to thriving. I hope he keeps packing on the pounds!

Nat said...

I used my ulu on some veggies, and it cut so well! I need to use it more often, though, because it really is a good...knife? Cutting utensil?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...