Monday, November 8, 2010

The Diamond Party

Sadie talked all year about having a friend party with a Diamond theme - a Diamond Party, she kept calling it. When Sheila offered to throw Sadie's friend party, I didn't want to force the Diamond issue on her. Beggars can't be choosers, you know? Sadie was pretty disappointed that she wasn't going to have this long-planned-for diamond party, so I decided to make our family party the Diamond Party.

Um, it was hard to come up with stuff, but I managed. First, I had the kids play Pin the Sparkle on the Diamond. Pete would spin the kiddos around:


And then the kids would pin the sparkle onto the diamond. The goal was to get the sparkle as close to the red X as they could. Sorry you can't see very well - I ran out of time, so I didn't get to color the diamond a kind of light blue. The sparkles are white:

Then I found some crafts at Michaels, where they could color these wooden things, and then decorate them with diamond stickers. I was worried that all of the boys would find this activity really girly, but they LOVED it:

I tried to find wooden pictures where a little sparkle wouldn't be out of place, like a pirate's ear, a shiny car, etc. Things that were manly but still were at home with lots of bling.

Our guests had lots and lots of fun with the diamond stickers:

I found those stickers all over my house for weeks and weeks afterward. :)

Then it was cake time. I literally made the cake in like half an hour. It's supposed to be a diamond, but it looks like a clam, or a football or something:

Sooo ugly. But I had no time. Sadie thought it was the greatest, so that's all that matters:

Then it was present time. I didn't have time to wrap our presents, either, so she just pulled them out of a big bag:


Life with four kids is so busy. Thanks for the gifts, Nat and Pete and Mom and Dad. Sadie desperately needed clothes. Your gifts were just the ticket.

I was soooo sick that night. I felt really, really gross. I think I was snappish to everyone, and I feel badly about that. It turns out that I had a UTI. I got it tested a couple of days later. UTI - my alma mater. Sigh.

5 comments:

Patty said...

Diamonds ARE a girl's best friend. She is learning so young. The cake is fantastic! way better than whatI could have made. And the games and crafts are so creative. You throw the best parties for your kids. I already know I'll be nervous to throw parties for my kids. I worry no one will come.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

She already has Diamonds on her mind?!! haha I love it! and I think the cake is fantastic...personally its much better than I could have done myself. Trust me, I am like...make a cupcake...it all goes to the same place! Looks like a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party!! I'm glad the boys had fun with the diamonds:) You are really good at throwing parties!! After Jonas' party this year I don't think Mark will let me do it again. At least not with him around. LOL

Nat said...

Your diamond party was so fun. My boys LOVED the bling, which is so funny. Pink? No! Diamonds? Yes! And I think the cake totally looked like a diamond.

Mindy H. said...

It looks like both of Sadie's parties were wonderful, but I am so impressed with everything you came up with to go with the diamond theme. She will love you forever for making her diamond dream party come true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...