Saturday, November 27, 2010

And he's wonderful and brilliant, and we're getting maaaaarried!!!

That's from Father of the Bride. Remember when George envisions his daughter, Annie, as a kid, sitting across the table from him, saying that she's going to get maaaaaarrried? Good show. Good show.

So my sis, Lex, is engaged!! Here she is right after Chris proposed:

And here are the two of them, together:


Chris actually showed me the ring the night before and asked if she'd like it. I was sooooo excited! But I kept it on the down low.

He asked my dad the day before for Lexi's hand. That means that Ben is the only one of four sons-in-law that didn't ask my dad. Neither he nor I really even thought about it. I feel badly about that. Apparently, it's done a lot still, the asking-of-the-father thing. I've been asking all of my friends about it. Oops. I really thought that was kind of outdated. Not that it isn't cool. I guess Ben and I were pretty clueless about these things. Sorry, Pops. We honestly had no idea that you were still supposed to do that.

So anyways. Chris is so nice and fun. He fits well into our family. I really lucked out, that I really like every single one of my brothers-in-law. And he treats Lex like gold, which is the most important thing.

They're talking about maybe tying the knot next summer? They're not sure yet. Lex is in trying-to-survive-graduate-school mode - she's in no shape for wedding planning at the moment. So we'll see.

Anyways. Congratulations, you two! I'm so happy for you!!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I love that you put our raptor picture as your header. That was my desktop pic for a while. And I love that Lex kept crying after her engagement-at least, that's what she said on Facebook. I totally didn't cry when I got engaged, nor when I got married. Maybe I'm dead inside.

Kar said...

Nat - neither did I! It's my anti-depressants...

lexykay said...

see, this is why i don't keep up on my blog; you document all the important events in my life :D.
seriously... i can not get enough of christopher. he is so incredibly good to me. i just feel like i constantly wonder why he loves me so much! i've never felt so comfortable and open with someone; i love that i can just tell him anything and not be scared of his reaction. i just feel at home when i'm with him. but i digress....

I DID keep crying after; i just couldn't believe it. i was so shocked, and he got me the ring of my dreams, and it was the most incredible birthday in the world. anyways. i just love him so much.

Anonymous said...

I didn't cry when I got engaged. I knew it was coming so it wasn't a surprise. I'm glad Chris is so good to you Lexy and that you're such good friends!:)

Mindy H. said...

Congrats to Lexi and her handsome honey! I will be excited to hear all about the wedding plans...

And becuase I have been a lazy comment leaver...

Your clock looks so great. I have no talent what so ever for crafty stuff like that. I love that your mom and sisters can craft together. I'm sure it was a blast.


I love Lexi's big bird costume! So cute!

Your flat bear reminds me of my giant stuffed ape that I have had forever. I'm glad that Dylan is taking good care of him for you.

Emily Empey said...

Congrats Lex!!! Thats so fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...