Monday, November 22, 2010

Getting Spoiled

Like I briefly mentioned, Tim and Brenda came to visit us at the beginning of October. They brought Aung Peg along:


She's actually not anyone's aunt. She was Ben's grandpa's cousin. She was like a sister to him, though, so everyone has called her Aunt Peg. Peg is also not her real name. I'm not sure what her real name is, but she was called Peg as a kid because she was so skinny. Funny, huh? She's really sweet, and a very good photographer.

That's actually mainly why they came up - they wanted to catch the fall colors in Jackson and Yellowstone. Tim and Brenda are photographers, too. I wish I was. Sigh.

They visited us for a weekend when they were done in Jackson. It was soooo fun. We went out to eat for like every meal. Oh, how I love eating out. Brenda sent Ben and I on a date while she baby-sat, which was so much fun. We ate at a sushi restaurant, but because I hate sushi, I had the teriyaki noodle vegetable thing there, which was yum. Bren also gave me some moola to get a pair of jeans that fit. It means a lot to a post-pardemey girl to have jeans that actually fit, you know?

And then Tim went to the grocery store and got us a whole bunch of groceries - all kinds of frozen meat, canned stuff, diapers, formula, etc. Oh, it's been so wonderful. In fact, I used some of the ground turkey he got us tonight to make Turkish-style ground turkey tacos. Yummmmm.

They are so generous and so much fun. And could Brenda be any cuter??? Look at her in this shot:


She's the blonde. Ignore the just-showered, slumping Kar over there on the left. She's wearing this cute flannel shirt, and these boyfriend jeans and the cutest jacket... Dang. The woman can dress. I swear I just need to sit and study her and figure out how to dress. Her flannel inspired me to get a flannel shirt myself. It doesn't look nearly as cute on me as hers did on her, though. It just looks sloppy on me.

Here's Tim-timmy-timmy-tim-tim-tim with The Fuzzbucket:


That picture makes me laugh so hard. Gage's face - what the heck? So funny!!!

Anywho. Word on the street is that Tim and Brenda might visit us again after Thanksgiving but before Christmas. I sure hope so. They are so much fun. And sooo generous. If they read my blog, I would say, "Thank you, Tim and Brenda!" But they don't, so a thank-you card will have to suffice. :)

4 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, you wrote, like, ten posts! You're the posting queen. Which is awesome. That's so cute that Mikey is a "helper". I have a love/hate relationship with my kids helping. I like that they like it, but sometimes I'd rather they just leave me alone to do it.

I found a pic today of Ivy and Micah when they were little, and Gage looks EXACTLY like Micah did in that pic! It was crazy.

And that's so nice of Tim and Brenda to buy you groceries. What a nice gift! (You can tell them, next time they're through, they are welcome to buy some groceries for us, too! :) )

Mindy H. said...

Having guests is so much fun. It is the perfect excuse to do special things. And guests that help out with things are even better.

I agree that Gage is a little Micah2.0. They are both stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you talk about your in laws! They seem so wonderful. I wish they were mine! lol That's so awesome that they bought you groceries and diapers. I hope there comes a time that I can spoil my kids too.

Lyndsay said...

Okay, so awesome on Tim and Brenda buying groceries and needed items, they are angels. And yes, Brenda is so beautiful!! And, oh my heck you look amazing! Lastly, Gage is so stinking cute/hilarious/adorable in that last photo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...