Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ben's School



Ben wanted me to see how the school he designed was coming along - this was at the beginning of September. School started three weeks later, I believe.

It was looking great. They just needed to finish up a few things. I was checking out this stuff on the outside called Hardy Board:


They call the guys who come and install the Hardy Board, The Hardy Boys. That makes me laugh really hard.

Some inside views of the classrooms:


I love the color scheme, inside and out.

When Tim and Brenda (Ben's dad and stepmom) came to visit us at the beginning of October, Ben took them to see the school. (I stayed at home with the baby man.) This time, it was finished, beautifully:



Tim, Brenda, and Sadie:


Tim, the man with the plan:


I wish I could just thoughtfully and pleasantly stare at the camera like that. I get really embarrassed when Ben takes pictures of me, and I can't keep a straight face. Something I need to work on.

Anyways. Isn't the school just beautiful? I'm so proud of Ben. Someday he's going to design our dream house, and that makes me excited. Remember how I said, like a few entries ago, that I don't ever want to move? I have amended that statement as of last night, when our main sewer line backed up yet again because of tree root penetration. We're talking little pieces of poop and who knows what all, flooding our laundry room. I think I have PTSD from cleaning that up. Ben rented a thingey that unclogs sewer lines, and it pulled out a huge clump of tree roots, dirt, etc. We had this same thing happen just a few months ago, as well. It costs $8,000 to dig up the yard and completely replace the plumbing. You may guess that we don't have $8,000, so we just have to keep getting flooded, and routing it out. Getting flooded, and routing it out.

So yeah, Ben, go ahead and design us a new house. Feel free.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I need to get you some new picture of inside the classrooms with all the furniture etc :)

PS I spend some time in the school at least once a week and love it. Ben did a great job! :)

Emily Empey said...

Wow The school looks great!!! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that Ben designed that school!! I haven't been there yet, but it looks beautiful from the pictures!! Great job Ben!:)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

My parents just replaced their sewer line this summer because they had the same problems (minus the poop) ha. Anyway...NO fun...flooding is the worst! PS. the School looks awesome! What kind of school is it??

Tell Ben he can design us a house too. I am tired of renting and want to paint a wall so its any color other than WHITE!

Abbie said...

That is one beautiful building! So cool to have something from your head turn into something real -- very cool. Ya, Ben can build us a dream out too...if we lived in Ideeho. I'm thinkin' we'll be forever renters in So. Cal...at least we don't have to pay to fix stuff. Pluses and minuses, I guess.

Lyndsay said...

Ugh, that is so disgusting!! Sorry!

Tim reminds me a lot of a lady in my ward - how funny is that?!

Nat said...

I need to get better at getting my picture taken, as well. I always pull dumb faces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...