Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Me, Fair Lady - 2010 Edition

Da Fair.

Soooooo hot. Soooo expensive. Soooo fun. Sooooo yummy.

Micah at the petting zoo:

I loooove that picture of him. It's like he's saying, "Heyyyyyyyyy!!!" He adores animals. He has zero fear of animals. A dog could come up to him and knock him over, and he'd giggle. It's so great. I love animals, too. I just don't like cleaning up their poop. Thank goodness Xenie doesn't even use her litter box. All her doings are outside, and I haven't found them in my yard at all yet. Hopefully she's pooping in the nappy neighbors' yard, or in the drug dealer's yard. I'm so vindictive.

My mom's favorite part of the fair is the petting zoo, too. I don't have any pics of her from this year, because she was in a different section than my kids. What she does every single year is she finds a puppy that's for sale, and she cuddles it for like an hour and talks about how much she wants to buy it. And then she doesn't. And dad always heaves a sigh of relief. This year, she found a shi tsu that actually seemed normal. (Her current shi tsu, Daisy, is extremely abnormal. The weirdest animal this side of the Pecos.)

Shi tsu is fun to say.

Dylan and Sadie wanted to go into this Fun House thingey. Sadie took three steps in and was overpowered by the loud music playing inside. She fled, screaming. We had to stand outside the Fun House until Dylan came out, and this is how she stood the whole time:


It was really funny. She is extremely sensitive to loud noises. So am I. Her theme song should be that song by Pink: "This used to be a FUN HOUSE... but now it's full of EVIL CLOWNS..."

I love Pink. Her voice is so husky and cool. Like she has a cold. I love my voice when I have a cold. (Which means I like it right now. I have a killer cold right now.) Like Kathleen Turner. Or Demi Moore. Or Jessica Rabbit. Who was voiced by Kathleen Turner.

Poor little Troy, a.k.a. Stumpy:


He was too short for many a ride. I feel bad for him. He really was a good sport about it.

This is how Ben and I feel about taking the kids anywhere:


It's a nightmare. Especially when it's in the nineties outside. We ate in this tent pavilion thingey, not because the food was especially nice, but because it had seats and was shady. That takes precedence. The only good thing I had this year was a chocolate covered, frozen piece of cheesecake. Dang, that was good. I missed out on my apple dumpling and my piece of bread from Bread Barn. Our money ran out fast. We joked that we should start a savings account just for the fair. We should save all year long for two events - Christmas, and the fair.

The fair is so expensive, it's just not... FAIR. Get it? That reminds me of what my friend Cecily's mom used to tell her when she said something wasn't fair: "The only fair is in Blackfoot." I say that to my kids all the time now. It's one of my favorite retorts. Along with, "Dial Whine-one-one. Someone call the wahmbulance."

I'm such a loving mother.

Nat, Mom, and I love going to the quilting building. Not that I am a quilter. Trust me, anything involving sewing is far beyond me. But I appreciate any kind of art form. I decided to pose in front of my favorite quilt:


See? I'm pretending to ski. Isn't that quilt the greatest? Isn't skiing the greatest???

Nat posed in front of a cross stich that she actually has a pattern for:


You should do that during all your free time, Nat. Oh wait. You don't have any free time. :)

I wanted to go to the photography and art buildings, but by then, I was about ready to pass out from heat stroke. I was carrying poor Gage in the Baby Bjorn, so our combined body heat was more than either of us could bear. Sooo hot.

I had fun, though, during the time when I didn't feel like I was going to die. Thanks so much, Mom and Dad, for taking us. So, so, so nice of you. Our kids would never do anything fun without such sweet grandparents. Kissy, kissy. And I mean it.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

You're a good mom. Brad and I never take the kids anywhere crowded, it's just a nightmare. A new Edwards just opened and they did $2 movies, no way was I even taking my kids to that, half of Nampa was there!! So, good job and kudos to your parents!!

Anonymous said...

I wish we would've gone to the fair this year!! It was too hot though and I didn't want to worry about taking all the kids. Tinian was so young then. Good for you guys getting out, though!! I wish we would more often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...