Thursday, November 4, 2010

Permanent.

The kids love to raid my mom's balloon stash whenever they go over there to visit. And then they like to draw on the balloons with a permanent marker. I don't let Micah draw on his, but Dylan and Sadie are competent enough with the permanent markers that I let them go nuts. But there is always one rule - when they're done drawing on their balloons, they have to put the permanent markers back in the basket way up high on my bread box thingey, so that Micah can't get into them.

The kids forgot the rule the last time they colored on their balloons. And this is the result:


Micah drew all over his closet and two dressers. A closer look:


Aaaand he also drew all over himself:


I honestly haven't even had time to try to figure out how to remove the marker. It looks exactly the same as in these photos. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove permanent marker? I'm thinking the only way out of this is a paint job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that's a hard one. I googled it and here's a link to what I found:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1470319/how_to_remove_permanent_marker_from.html?cat=6

Hope that helps!! I think painting over the marks on the wall would be best, probably. Good luck!

Jenny said...

have you tried a mister clean eraser?i'm pretty sure those things are toxic, but they get almost everything off. good luck!

Layton Mom said...

A magic eraser will work on the dressers and will fade what is on the walls and door. I know this thanks to my own children and magic markers. Don't let the kids use the eraser though because they are toxic.

Emily Empey said...

ahhh so not fun! Mary loves crayons all over!! Yeah i would try Mr Clean~

Nat said...

I've just done rubbing alcohol, but it takes off paint, too. So then you'd have to repaint. I haven't tried Magic Eraser on permanent marker, though it works wonders on crayon and normal markers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...