Sunday, November 21, 2010

Handy Dylie

I feel like a bad mom because I can't afford to put Dylan into any kind of extracurricular activities. I wish I could get him into karate, or football, or something. I think it would help to get his wiggles out, teach him valuable things, and give him exercise. We're just not in that place right now, which makes me sad. But at least we're not overscheduled, right? It's a relief not to have to drive him all over.

For awhile, Dylan would always ask if he could take Kung Fu lessons. I kept telling him the same thing - we can't afford it right now, but maybe someday. Then I read on my friend, Camille's, blog, about her kiddos going to this free Home Depot thing. I guess the Home Depot does these free classes for kids on the first Saturday of every month. They build something new every single month. I mentioned these classes to Dylan, and he latched right on to that idea. He loves putting things together and building things - this is right up his alley.

So Benji took him the first weekend in October. They built toy boats:



This is one of my all-time favorite Dylan faces:

Voila:


November's class was a spice rack, but we totally forgot to take him to it. I feel bad. And I had been looking forward to getting another spice rack. A girl can never have too many spice racks. That's how I feel about it. Seriously. I do a lot of cooking and have a LOT of spices.
But I swear I'm going to try to remember the December class. I'm not sure what they're making then - something Christmasey, probably?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so cool!! I'm glad he likes that! I think it's ok that you can't put him in anything you have to pay for. You're totally right about not being over scheduled.

Lyndsay said...

That's a great idea. If I was a better mom I would take my kids to it. I know what you mean. Jenna wanted to do soccer but it would have been $100!!! We do baseball in the summer (around $20/kid) and Ryan does basketball in the winter (again $20). But that's as far as we go. Scouts helps fill in the extra time for Ryan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...