Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ah, young love.



Oh that Dylan of mine. He's so funny.

So for the last few weeks, Dylan kept telling me about his "new best friend," Sierra. And I thought, that's so cool that his best friend is a girl and it doesn't even matter. Then, last week, he announced to me that Sierra is now his girlfriend.

Oh really?

I asked about her. He said that she has black hair with orange streaks in it. (?) Okayyyy. And she really likes video games. And that she thinks his hair would look really good in a mohawk. So yeah, she sounds... a little bit rock-n-roll. Not that I'm concerned. A girlfriend in 2nd grade does not a major, lifetime romance make. I think it's funny.

And I think it's awesome that he felt comfortable enough with me to tell me that he had a girlfriend. When I had little "boyfriends" in elementary school, I never, ever told my parents. I was wayyyy too embarrassed. And the "relationships" always ended within a week or so.

I told Ben (in Dylan's presence) that Dylan's best friend, Sierra, was actually his girlfriend, and Dylan goes, "Mo-om... I didn't want you to tell Dad..." Probably because his daddy is a terrible teaser. This girlfriend thing is going to be fodder for years of jokes at Dylan's expense. :) I told Dyl that, if he didn't want his dad to know, he should have told me that. (I probably still would have told him.)

Dylan is going to miss his girlfriend sooooo much while we're gone (he tells me this daily), so I told him he could use my e-mail address to communicate with all of his friends while we're in China, including little miss Joan Jett, Jr. And I told him he could set up a blog and post about all of the cool adventures we'll have. He had me help him set one up. You gotta check it out. It's hilarious. All of the posts are completely his authorage. Yes, he is...succinct. Yes, he is obsessed with the game, "Monkey Quest." Yes, he has told Sierra to go to his blog, but obviously, she hasn't yet done it. Yes, he gave Sierra a "crystal" today - it's actually a plastic thing that looks like a crystal that his bus driver let him have - someone had dropped it on the floor of the bus. How adorable.

He'll make someone a good husband someday. So doting.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Cutest thing ever! Sierra better go check that out. Every post is for her!
At this point, I think it's a great step to think of someone other than himself (which is completely where my boys are at right now......hopefully they will grow out of it??).
Has Ben been over to visit China yet?

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I never told my parents about "boyfriends" in elementary or middle school. They really did only last a week. That is fun that Dylan has a girlfriend. I think Jonas is far away from that, but I did find out from his aide on Thursday that a girl from the other kindergarten class is his best friend. They always look for each other and get so excited to see each other and hug!! How cute??!! I don't think I've heard of him talk of her though so I thought that was weird.

Anyway, I agree with Camille, it's great that he's thinking of someone other than himself:) How sweet!

Nat said...

Look how cute he is! Jake has had "girlfriends", but I think it really is just girls that are friends. Arin told me the other day that while they were at the park for a field trip, that Jake ate and hung out with all the girls. Go, lady killa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...