Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Apparently, I like stripes.

In addition to some backyard flowers, I also bought some clothes with my birthday money. Um, for some reason, I could just not get enough of stripes:



I'm such a dork. But nothing else was really calling to me, you know? I don't regret buying three striped shirts in one day. I love all of them. And each of them has a different, unique fit.


The red striped one is what I like to call a Stingray Shirt. When your arms are down, it looks like a normal shirt, right? But when you put your arms up and out, there's a whole lot of fabric between your waist and your arm. You look like a stingray. I'm loving that fit.


The black striped shirt has one stingray side and one normal side. Also, one shoulder is fitted normally and one shoulder is off-the-shoulder. Don't worry - I have a bright turquoise shirt to go under it that works perfectly.


The robin's egg blue/heather grey striped shirt has a fun little droopy scoop thing in the front. I was wearing that one yesterday, I think. I was in the bathroom, doing my hair (which now only takes five minutes. I'm sooo loving that), and Sadie passed me in the hall, then paused and came back, looking me up and down. "Mom," she said, "That shirt makes you look big and fat." Ah, Sadie. She doesn't mince words, that one.

4 comments:

Steven said...

I am a sucker for stripes too. Almost all my shirts are stripped and most of Winstons too. And come to think of it, so are Steven's. We are a family that loves stripes!

Steven said...

And this is Emily. Not Steven.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the shirt you bought me for my birthday!! Stripes are fun:) That light blue and grey shirt is adorable!!

The Dillons said...

They are very cute shirts. You definitely are not fat! You are skinnier than me and you have been through 4 kiddos. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...