Friday, May 27, 2011

Wayyy too good not to share.



Our relief society had a class last fall on using more beans in our cooking. I missed it, but the Relief Society President e-mailed some recipes to us. One of them is for a mango bean salad. I tried it the other night, to go with our chicken taquitos, and oh my GOSH. Amazing. It was so good that I had to give it an honorary shimmy.

Aaaand, it was eeeeeasy to make. I have to share it with you.

Mango Bean Salad

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can small red beans, drained and rinsed
1 can shoepeg corn (this just looks like smaller, whiter corn. I don't see why regular canned corn wouldn't work)
1 red pepper, minced
2 large semi-ripe mangos, chunked
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro

Dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 limes, juiced (I just used bottled lime juice and guesstimated how much equals lime from two juices)
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. honey
1 T olive oil

3 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Yummy! Thanks so much for sharing. I will be trying that salad this week!

Emily Empey said...

YUM! thanks for sharing!! Man I am going to miss you!!!!

Nat said...

Black beans=yum
Mangos=yum
Cilantro=yum
I would love to try this, but I'm sure Pete and the kids would turn their noses up at it! Maybe I'll make it for some get-together this summer...if I become less anti-social, that is...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...