Wednesday, February 20, 2008

100 Facts About Me



I know some of you may not like reading these kinds of things (I can tell because I never get comments on them), but my sister did it and tagged me, and I think it was so much fun to read hers. It was thought-provoking and kind of...stuck with me. So here are 100 facts about me. And don't worry - I'm not tagging anyone. I can tell people don't like getting tagged! But if you want to do this and put it on your blog, I'd love it.

1. My eyes sting (because they’re dry and irritated) almost constantly, but I’d rather deal with the pain of contacts than wear eyeglasses.
2. When I wear eyeglasses, I feel like I’m wearing a mask, like I’m too distant from people.
3. I used to wash my face during lunchtime in junior high and high school.
4. I have permanent retainers behind my teeth.
5. I’ve had braces three times!
6. I hate vanilla-scented things, like candles, lotions, etc.
7. I have to eat my pizza with a fork – I cannot stand to have greasy fingers.
8. I cry when I go to Broadway-caliber performances – I’m so overwhelmed by the talent of these singers and dancers.
9. I’m a voyeur. When we’re driving at night, and someone’s curtains are open, I totally look to see the inside. I like to see how houses are decorated.
10. I used to be a lipstick junkie, but now I’m strictly a lip-gloss girl.
11. I detest doing my hair. It takes a million years.
12. I love the live-action movies Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2. I think they’re cute. When Dylan asks to watch them, I say, “Okay!”
13. I love to read. Anything and everything. If I’m in the tub and I’m bored, I’ll read the shampoo bottle. I read the back of the cereal box.
14. I love to buy interesting postage stamps.
15. I love ordering cute checks.
16. I love lilacs.
17. I love to scrapbook and to make cards, but I haven’t done it in weeks.
18. I used to be a very faithful flosser. Since I was pregnant with Sadie, I just don’t feel like flossing my teeth anymore. The result has been a few cavities. Sigh. I’m trying really, really hard to get back into the habit.
19. My favorite movie is Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
20. I adore true crime TV shows, like “Forensic Files” “City Confidential,” etc. Most of those shows are on A&E or TruTV.
21. I don’t know if I could ever go back to teaching public school.
22. Sometimes when Dylan or Sadie are being jerks, and they trip and fall, I have to suppress a giggle.
23. I adore taking naps.
24. I have a celeb-crush on Shia LeBeouf.
25. I love listening to Prince’s greatest hits.
26. I’m scared that having a third child will push me over the edge of sanity.
27. Sometimes I want to take my dog to the pound.
28. I’m really scared of tornadoes.
29. I hate celery. And any kind of seafood. I can handle Benihana Hibachi-style shrimp. But that’s it.
30. I haven’t cleaned my fridge since we moved in, six months ago!!! Ahhhh!
31. I love Medium, the show on NBC.
32. I get really bad ingrown toenails.
33. Even though I’m not supposed to, sometimes I take hot baths, just for two minutes, to warm my legs up at night before bedtime. Otherwise, my restless leg syndrome drives me to insanity.
34. I don’t really like chocolate. I much prefer fruity and pie-ey desserts.
35. I hate sewing. My mom made me sew one thing every summer, and I always messed it up. I can hem and mend. And that’s it.
36. I wish I had a water softener.
37. I highlighted my hair in college, but now I don’t, and I’m glad. I think my natural color looks better than the highlights.
38. Right now, I’m reading a book of short stories by an author named Amy Hempel. They are fascinating and really good.
39. I like to cook interesting and new recipes for dinner.
40. I wish I could have a professional come and shape my eyebrows.
41. I’m secretly glad that I don’t have to fast on Fast Sundays when I’m pregnant.
42. I’m going to breastfeed my baby when he comes, but only to lose weight. That’s seriously the only reason I’m doing it.
43. I spend about ten hours each week preparing my young women’s lesson. I know. Way too much.
44. I also cry when I watch So You Think You Can Dance every summer. I just really miss dancing.
45. I jog (when I’m not prego), but only because it makes my weight fall off quickly. Not because I enjoy it in the least.
46. I don’t think I’m very smart.
47. I hate politics.
48. I was actually really rude to a door-to-door salesperson today, for the first time ever.
49. If a waiter gives me the wrong food, or if it’s disgusting, I won’t say anything. I’ll either eat it or pretend to eat it. Isn’t that dumb?
50. If I feel nauseated, but my body doesn’t feel like barfing, I’m so desperate to feel better that I’ll make myself barf. Don’t worry; it’s not habitual! Just when I feel really, really sick to my stomach. It happens, like, once a year or something.
51. I hate scary movies. And I hate it when my husband jumps out and scares me.
52. I have the skin of a hormonal 12-year-old. And I’m 30, for Pete’s sake.
53. My favorite color is purple. My couch is purple, and I used to have a purple car, until it got totaled. The car’s name was Grimace, that weird purple thing that hangs out with Ronald McDonald and the Hamburgler.
54. I drop almost everything I hold in my hands. I just have total butterfingers.
55. Whitening toothpaste makes me gag when I brush my teeth.
56. My favorite smell is the smell of cilantro. Yummm.
57. I didn’t start using bleach in my laundry until, like, a year ago. I was too scared that it would ruin clothes, no matter how much you dilute it. I have since become a bleachaholic.
58. I’m way more of a homebody now than I ever was.
59. I used to hate being by myself. Now I crave it.
60. I work almost every night, and I actually really, really love getting away from my kids. That’s so bad of me!
61. I won’t eat store-baked cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, etc. I think they taste really gross. And I figure, if I’m putting calories in my body, they’d better be really, really delicious calories.
62. I purposely don’t pray for more patience, even though I need it. I’m scared that, if I pray for patience, Heavenly Father will give me more trials that will make me more patient. And seriously, who prays for trials?? I know they make us better people, but who would seriously want more trials in their lives??
63. I probably drink ten cups of water per day. I’m always sooo thirsty. And water tastes so good to me.
64. I hate doing my nails. I did fake nails for my wedding, and they drove me nuts. I hate painting them, because I habitually chip at the polish. And I hate growing them long, because I feel like there’s always junk under them.
65. I grew up golfing, and I actually really like to golf, but I’m the worst golfer ever!!
66. I think those old, 1960’s muscle cars are cool.
67. I hate budgeting, looking at finances, etc. I’d rather do anything in the world than do that.
68. I’m afraid of heights. I did that flying thing at Lagoon with my dad and my sister, and I seriously almost fainted.
69. I don’t think I could ever live in a foreign country. Visit, yes. Live, nope.
70. I’m a total technophobe. I’m really bad at technological things.
71. I avoided reading Harry Potter books for a few years after they first started coming out. I didn’t want “to be like everyone else!” Now I adore them.
72. I hate chick flicks. And chick-flick-like books. I refuse to touch a Nicolas Sparks book.
73. I avoid sad movies. I figure that life is sad enough. Ben watched “Saving Private Ryan” on TV the other night, and I kept myself busy with laundry and dishes.
74. I love People Magazine.
75. I love cheese. We used to go to this all-you-can-eat buffet in San Diego, and all I would eat was the different, exotic cheeses on these cool cracker things. Oh my gosh. Sooooo good.
76. I’m psychologically addicted to Coca-Cola. When I’m having a bad day, I keep thinking, “I really need a Coke.”
77. I’ve never drunk alcohol, smoked, or done drugs. Just wasn’t interested.
78. I let my kids watch too much TV.
79. When I was a ballerina, my specialty was grand allegro – big jumps. I was a pretty good jumper. I felt like I was flying. I loved it.
80. I want to take adult ballet classes, someday, when we can afford it.
81. I felt like I had a really good arch on my feet when I did pointe work in ballet.
82. I always get a little nervous before snowskiing or waterskiing.
83. No feeling is better, though, than slaloming on a glassy lake in the late afternoon. I’d like to think there will be waterskiing in heaven.
84. My junior high softball coach called me “rocket” because I had a strong throwing arm (but I wasn’t accurate at all).
85. I have the nose of a bloodhound. I often smell dog poop, just randomly, no matter where I am (I think I have post-traumatic stress disorder from house training my dog). My friend, Nyline, calls it “pooranoia.”
86. I used to go tanning in college, but now I don’t care if I’m tan.
87. I chew on my hangnails, subconsciously, when I’m hungry!
88. My favorite season is fall.
89. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
90. I hate wearing socks. As soon as I get home, I take ‘em off.
91. All I want to wear is jammie bottoms. As soon as I get home, I change from my jeans to my jammie bottoms.
92. I’d like to take art classes again, too. Though I don’t think I’m that great of an artist, I took classes in high school and really enjoyed it.
93. I wish I was a better photographer.
94. My body is an apple shape (as opposed to a pear shape), but I’m glad. I’d rather have a chubby belly than chubby thighs and butt.
95. I really hate it when there are grammar mistakes on signs in front of businesses.
96. I hope I never get a calling in primary.
97. I love working with teenagers. If it wasn’t for their parents, I would go back to teaching after my kids were all in school. It was the kids’ parents that drove me up the wall – “Give my kid an A, even though he doesn’t do any work!” Give me a break.
98. I used to think I wanted four kids, but now I’m thinking maybe that might be a bad idea. I just don’t think I can go through another pregnancy.
99. I used to give Ben backrubs all the time when we were dating – now I hardly ever do it! Too much work… I’m such a jerk!
100. I have really cool in-laws.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Kar-you rock! There's a reason we're sisters. By the way, you're super smart! And you got the butterfingers from Dad. And when you mentioned Coke, I was like, oh, I need one now! And it's 9:30 a.m. How pathetic! By the way, did you figure out the counter thing? Call me if you need help.

deannah said...

Wow! I don't know if I could even think of 100 facts about myself. And I didn't know you were a ballerina! How cool!

Norlund Clan said...

I think these are so fun and interesting to read. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole said...

hey, i'll comment! I had fun reading this! I seriously don't know if I could think of 100 things to say about myself. (Which is funny, because I talk too much, and usually about myself)

And I'm impressed that you would spend so much time on your YW lessons. When I was in there, I'd usually spend, oh, maybe thirty minutes preparing them. I always said I'd do better.

One last thing...I'm totally a pear.

Jenny said...

so fun to read interesting things about you. i don't think i could come up w/ 10 about myself, let alone 100. :)

hey, you should get on facebook! i joined awhile ago to spy on john's younger siblings, but a bunch of ifhs alum are on there now.

Lynita said...

That was fun to read some of those things I knew about you and others I didn't so it was fun! I totally remember Grimace, you were so lucky to have him during college! He was cute and spunky! By the way I really need a Pepsi and I hope they release me from Nursery soon! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...