Saturday, February 23, 2008

Leo's Place

Dad invited my family and Nat's family out for a night of pizza and arcade games at a local version of Chuck E. Cheese - Leo's Place. We had a blast. First, we ate some pretty decent pizza. Sadie:

Dylan (he's wearing my sunglasses - he has sensitive eyes, like his mommy, and the sun was shining on him):

Dad, our gracious benefactor for the evening and the most photogenic person I've ever seen:

Jake:

Pete (nice look, dude):

Troy:

Nat and Brock - I cannot get that kid to look at me when I take a picture of him:

Ben and Dylie:

Then we headed toward the little kids' area. Sadie really enjoyed the little riding toys - here she is, riding a caterpillar:

And here's Dylan, riding a motorcycle, quite daringly, I might add:

And then in to the arcade. Pete and I did DDR - I love that the dance pad is made of plexiglass and metal. I whipped his butt. But barely! Alas, I don't have a picture of it. Nat, Pete, Ben, and I are thinking of chipping in to buy the DDR game and two pads. We are just that into it. Here's Ben, playing a game:

And here's Dylan playing a game:


Then Ben and Dylan played in the huge jungle-gym area. It was hot, chaotic, and germy-feeling, and Sadie was overwhelmed by it, so she and I gladly hung out in the restaurant area with my dad and my sis. But I did take a quick picture before retreating:


Dad was like, "Is Ben hating it in there?" As if to answer that question himself, he came over right then to get a sip of Diet Coke. I repeated Dad's question to Ben, and he goes, "No! I'm having a blast! We're going back in!" Ben is such a good dad. He was all over the place in there, while the other kids' dads were just watching from below or sitting in the restaurant and letting their kids run wild. He had a couple of kids ask him to ride on his lap while going down the slide (he declined - didn't want to scare any mommies that were watching), and he and this one kid "raced" down the slide a couple of times. He's so good with kids. Always has been. Dylan's cheeks were so rosy from running around in there. I tried to capture it on film, but didn't succeed:

I love that my family likes to play. We don't do much sitting around. Thanks, Dad, for a really fun night. We missed you, Mom! She's in St. George, visiting her pops.

3 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Karlenn, what fun! I have been so busy lately with my masters classes that my poor family has been suffering. We do absolutely nothing! I need to take your lead and get them out! Pizza night sounds fun!

Jenny said...

we've taken out kids to leo's a few times. they loved it. looks like you had a great time!

Lynita said...

That sounds like so much fun. I want Pete's shirt! Our hubbies are so much alike, Ryan is always playing with the kids like that! So wonderful to have a husband that actually loves being a kid with the kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...