Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I used to hate V-day when I was single, but now it's one of my favorite holidays. Dylan and I had to prepare his valentines for his preschool classmates. He wanted to write his own name on them, but after about three, he got bored, and Mommy had to finish up. Sounds familiar (see my entry for Valentine's Cookies):


Something I used to love growing up was that my mom would buy each of us kids one small toy for Valentine's Day. I wanted to continue that tradition with my own kids. So I got Dylan a transformer (he wanted Megatron):

And I got Sadie a Legos fire truck. Buying her dolls or other girly things is the hugest waste of money! She won't touch 'em. She, Dylan, and I had fun putting the fire truck together:

I got Ben the coolest picture frame ever. I want to put some photos, which he took about a year ago, in our room, and I think this frame will really make the photos pop out:

Following are the photos Ben took. We'll have to crop a couple of them to make them fit into parts of the frame. I think they're beautiful, and they will look so good in our bedroom. I think Ben is a really great photographer, and I love displaying photos he has taken in our home:



Ben gave me some really pretty lilies (I think they're lilies - I'm not a flower expert like Beads is), some chunky jewelery (my favorite), and some yummy candy:

We didn't go on a date on Thursday night - we went last night. Mom watched the kids (thanks, Mom!). We did a temple session:

Then we went out to eat at a steak and seafood restaurant:


Such good food. Unfortunately, I threw it up later. I was so mad! There was $15, literally flushed down the toilet! Grrr... I hate being pregnant.

5 comments:

lish said...

Awww, man! I hate throwing up after a good meal. There was a Seinfeld episode all about that...George suspected his model girlfriend was bulemic, and went to spy on her in the bathroom. I'm glad you had a good holiday nonetheless.

Gifford Family said...

What a fun Valentines day! I love V day but hate filling out all the cards for my kids to take to school. Same thing... they fill out about 5 and then I end up doing the rest! We got the kids webkinz for their presents, I got Dave some more SCRUB seasons, and he got me an Ipod! Very fun! We decided not to fight the crowds so we made dinner, then on Friday we went to Boston's (one of my favorite places to eat.) No throwing up on my end!!!

Lynita said...

I am glad you had a great Valentines, ours was so kick back too! We went on a date on Friday to the Cheesecake Factory courtesy of our Secret Santa! Then Ryan treated me to some cute pajama pants and St.Patricks Day t-shirt at Old Navy and three new cds! I think that is as many cds as I have bought in two years! It was nice to spend time together and thanks to the tax refund feel slightly less poor for a night! By the way one time I went to Chuck Arama, with Kaitlyn cuz nothing sounded good so I figured something in the buffet should tickle my fancy. Well 20 minutes later the name of the restaurant had a new meaning! LOL! And the worst part of throwing up food you just ate...peeing your pants and having to figure out a way to not let other people know or get any on your car seat! LOL!

Jenny said...

glad you had a nice valentine's day. sorry about the "after-dinner-incident." i hate that, too. and i usually have a hard time eating that particular food after lsoing it. rats. we usually just get take out because places around here are crazy crowded on valentines day. how neat that you got to go to dinner and the temple.

Beej said...

I still say that you got to enjoy the food TWICE!! Totally worth the money. Besides, it's the experience that matters.

By the way, Kar, you look freakin' gorgeous!! You are so pretty, it's just not fair. Ben looks good, too. Such a handsome couple. No wonder your kids are so darn cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...