Monday, February 4, 2008

Swimming at the Apple

On Saturday, we all thought of going sledding, but we just didn't feel like braving the cold. So we went swimming at my parents' athletic club, the Apple. They had these weights that are for the water aerobics classes, but the kids kind of...took them out of the locked cage. (The slats were really wide.) Is it bad that we didn't stop them? They don't allow you to bring your own toys, or even floating devices. Maybe we felt a little vindictive, deciding to let the kids get the weights out. Dylan soon figured out that these weights work as floatation devices, so he was swimming all around the pool. He would jump into the pool with them, holding on tightly. He has no fear, that little man of mine. Ben threw Dylan a few times, which he loved:

Sadie and her special boyfriend, Spencer:


Ben, right before he threw me over his shoulder and made water go up my nose:


Beads and Sadie:


Beads and Spencer:


Me in Ben's scuba mask:


Troy figured this out by himself - biting on the weight like a dog bites on a bone:


Dylan and Ben:


Me and Sade:


Dylan showing his muscles:


Me, Dylan, and Sadie:


Sadie. She hung out on the stairs for most of the time:

4 comments:

Jenny said...

looks like fun!

Gifford Family said...

I think swimming is a much better choice than snow! I am so tired of snow I could scream!

Beej said...

Wow! I am pasty white, too. Gross! I am really sorry everyone.

Lynita said...

I would love to go swimming right now! Kaitlyn keeps asking me if its summer yet so we can go swimming! I would even settle for enough snow to play in, instead we have blasted cold and sometimes a flurry, but nothing more! Argggg!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...