Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Black Hole Sun


Okay, there's a song by the Stone Temple Pilots called "Black Hole Sun," and I really, really hate the music video that goes with it. The video shows these idyllic scenes - a woman putting a pie in the window to cool, a man mowing the lawn, stuff like that. And these people look normal, but then suddenly their faces are transposed into these hideous, scary clown faces. They're smiling, but the smiles are eggagerated, and they just look...horrible. It feels evil. Ben loves to tease me by making the Black Hole Sun face. I hate it so much!! I'm very sensitive to scary things.

5 comments:

Nat said...

Is there ever a time when Ben is NOT teasing?

Jenny said...

i've never seen the video, but can appreciate being teased about scary things. my younger siblings loved to make their hands look like spiders. freaks me out!

Nicole said...

Sorry, but that's hilarious. What a FACE!!!

Lynita said...

Well that would scare me too! LOL! I totally remember that video creeping me out too!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I though I would correct you on something because I was invovled back then with computer image morphing, circa 1993.

The band is Sound Garden. That band actually was first hosted on Head Bangers ball in 1987 with a song called Loud Love. Chris Cornnel is the singer. He is currently in the band Audio Slave.

I agree with you the video is Evil in nature. However the point of the video was to show how vile people are in general. The human race has every characteristic of a viruse or plague. We multiply, consume a resource and move to then next resource when that first is gone. The only diffrence between us and a plague is that we have a concious, morals and the ability to know what is right and wrong.

The video portrays the dark side of man. Like the lady smiling when she is about to kill the fish for dinner. An animal in the wild does not take pleasure in killing for food. People, although very few , do.

As you can tell I used to be a writer for Popup Video.

A response like this will get your blog more traffic also.

Thanks for letting me leave the comment. I think your Black Hole Picture Smile is AWESOME!!! Very GOOD !!! You did not need $100k in video / computer equipment to do it.

Take care....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...