Sunday, February 24, 2008

Potty-Training

Well, I guess we're potty-training Sadie. Sigh. Potty-training is so hard!! It took six months to train Dylan. What we tried the last month with him, which finally worked, was to have him go naked from the waist down. So with Sadie, we're going to start with the naked thing and see if it speeds up the process. Here she is, showing Ben her bumb:


So far, it hasn't worked all that well. For me. Sadie will go potty for Ben, but not for me. When I'm at home with her, she holds and holds and holds all her liquids until I have to put a diaper on her to run errands or to put her down for her nap. Then she lets it all out. The little terd. She peed on her chair while eating breakfast yesterday, and she's sitting on the couch right now, and I'm petrified that she'll pee on the couch. Maybe I should put a towel underneath her. I've tried bribing her to pee, begging her to pee, giving conditions for her to pee (nope, I'm not getting you a drink until you pee in the potty), but so far, nothing has worked. Sigh. Wish me luck. I hate this process. I'll be glad when it's over.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Karlenn...love your updates. Looks like you guys do have a great time together. And best wishes with the potty training! Oh, heavens, not looking forward to that again. I guess I've got a couple years....not that diapers are fun or anything.

Jenny said...

i need to get serious w/ jonah on the potty training thing, but man i am not looking forward to it.

sidenot- we rented hitch hikers guide to the galaxy this weekend. it was funny. :)

Nat said...

Do you wanna do Brock while you're at it? Every time I mention doing anything with the toilet (except before baths at night) he absolutely refuses. GRRR! Or maybe we can make it a competition between him and Sadie, see if that will get them going, eh?

Gifford Family said...

We found the sure way for potty training with Austin and it has worked for all 3 of my kids! Put them in underwear only, don't plan anything for like 2 days straight. Then chuck them full of all the liquids you can, juice, water, milk, they eventually have to go!!! Then they quickly learn the feel of it and catch on pretty quickly. It took us about 3 days with all of them to get it down... Ivy is even staying dry through the night! Good luck.

Lynita said...

Oh man I am not looking forward to that with Ethan. Good luck! Maybe the naked thing will work for us, since every time we let him run naked for more than 2 min. he pees on the floor. This is one of the reasons I am thankful for our hardwood floors! I remember Kaitlyn peeing at the table just minutes after sitting on the potty and saying, "I don't have to go any more mommy!" What fun.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

I wish I would have read this earlier. You hare probably doing great now, but if not put her hands in warm water when it is time to go. That helped for the first few times with my kids. I hope things are going better now. It is amazing how different potty training each kids is, and it is almost never easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...