Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sadie's New Haircut

I have been wanting to get Sadie's haircut for weeks. When we got a certificate in the mail for a $7 haircut at Great Clips, I asked Ben if we could spare the money. He insisted that we couldn't, and that he would do it himself. I was understandably nervous, but I said okay. My mom says that Sadie's hair is like Nat's hair - so fine-textured that you could basically cut it straight across in two snips. I told Ben I only wanted him to take off an inch or two from the bottom, because I wanted to still be able to put it into a ponytail. He said okay. First he sprayed it with a spray bottle:

And then he got started. Sadie was really, really wiggly and uncooperative, so Ben yelled at her, so that's why she's crying in these pictures:




She wiggled so much that Ben ended up whacking one side up to her chin. So, to even it out, he had to cut it all to her chin. So much for the ponytail idea. I was in total shock and not very happy about it:


But then I fixed a few of the straggler hairs, and now it's really grown on me. It makes her hair look a lot fuller. She looks even cuter now than she used to, I think. Her hair is in her face all the time, but it always fell out of ponytails and hung in her face anyways, so this option is probably the better of the two:

5 comments:

Nat said...

Yet another reason I'm glad I have boys-whip out the clippers! You could always do side barrets, just behind her ears.

Nat said...

P.S.-her haircut is super cute!

Jenny said...

she looks super cute! love the short cut. my neice just got her hair cut, and she has the cutest clippies in the front. i'll try to link it for you:

http://paisleyandpolkadots.blogspot.com/2008/02/all-grown-up.html

Lynita said...

I think her haircut is so cute! Yes I know it is hard, Kaitlyn has had to have bobs for some time now. Just when I was getting it long she cut it with scizzors, and I had to take off 3 inches! So I feel your pain, luckily we have cute girls, they can pull off any look!

Gloria said...

I do like her hair. It is good for the shape of her face and does look fuller. Enjoyed reading your blog today. Had some catch-up to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...