Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Daily Ritual


Every day, when I get Sadie ready for the day, I have to put Eucerin on her face, because she has eczema. She used to be pretty resistant to it, until I told her she could put some of my strawberry-smelling lotion on her hands. Now, I put strawberry lotion on her hands first, she rubs them together, and then she willingly submits to face lotion torture. She makes me put one dab on each hand, and she usually sits and stares at the dabs for a minute before rubbing them together.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

ah, the joys of eczema. our kids have it. poor kids. i'm glad she has the yummy lotion. :) wish i had some incentive for my boys.

deannah said...

that is so funny that she stares at it first. kids are all about bargaining! mason has become addicted to playing with a garage remote (we take the batteries out). i had to get him to trade it for his dinner the other night just so he would let go of it!

Lynita said...

My kids hate the Eucerin thing, but it is the only thing that works on their eczema. Ethan gets really bad windburn on his face too so he is especially unhappy about it, but he still lets me do it. I have a special lotion from Bath&Body that smells like a mango smootie, usually I bribe Kaitlyn with that! Whenever she smells me putting it on she has to have some too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...