Friday, February 29, 2008

Sadie's Tummy


I've been trying to remind Sadie that our baby is in my tummy, just to kind of get her ready for his arrival. I talk about how cute he's going to be, and how she's going to be a really great older sister, etc. The other day, we were talking about how there is a baby in mommy's tummy, and Sadie says, "Dere a baby in my tummy." I said, "Really? Are you sure?" "Yes."

Sadie actually looks pregnant, all the time. She has the biggest belly I've ever seen. When she came out, she looked like a frog. One of her feet was twisted weird (luckily, it straightened itself out), and she had this enormous belly. I never used newborn-sized diapers on her, because I couldn't get them around her huge tummy. Her pants slide down under the tummy, and her shirts aren't long enough to cover it - kind of like an older, overweight man. You know, how they cinch their belts underneath their pooch...

She actually thinks her tummy is the coolest thing ever. She is always lifting up her shirt and saying, "Tummy. Tummy," to anyone who will pay attention to her. She loves her belly button, which is the cutest little outie belly button. The other day, she went up to my dad, pointed knowingly to her tummy, like there was a secret trapped inside her shirt, and then proudly lifted it up and said,"Tummy!" She is always lifting my shirt and garmies up and saying, "I see you tummy!!" She is so cute.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I love little kid tummies! Troy has never really had one, but he loves showing his off. He got the thunder thighs, but no buddha.

Jenny said...

what a cute girl. i love that she loves her belly. ruby loves how her legs shake when she stomps. :)

Norlund Clan said...

That is too funny

Beej said...

LOVE the tummy. She is so dang cute!!

p.s. get rid of your word verification

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...