Thursday, February 7, 2008

Where I Work

For those of you who don't know, I work for my dad, part-time. He's a CPA. I scan old files onto a database. It's so simple that a monkey could do it, literally, but I really like it. It's solitary and quiet, and no one whines, barfs, or diarrheas on me (Sadie has had the flu all week, and it's been torturous!!). Here is my desk - that pile to the right is prepared for scanning. I have to take all the staples out, tape small reciepts and business cards to bigger paper, etc.:

And this is the rest of my office. All of the files and boxes of files that you see will eventually get scanned into the database. It looks insurmountable, but it goes pretty fast. I estimate that I'll be totally done scanning by the time Micah arrives in June. Then I'll be too busy breastfeeding, etc. to work, so Ben will have to probably get a part-time night job, just to make ends meet.

Dad is sooo nice to let me do this. I can set my own hours, which is really great. It's the cushiest job ever!!

5 comments:

Beej said...

Ahh...scanning. All of us Hale girls have done it. Have you started a wall again?? Do you still listen to the radio?? How about "No Diggity?"

Kar said...

Nope, no wall. I want to, but with whom would I giggle about it? They would think I was some lonely psycho down here. I don't listen to the radio - I usually read while I do it.

Jenny said...

looks like something i would enjoy - especially if you can read while you do it. :)

Lynita said...

Some solitary time could really set me up right now. Ryan just got home from Utah and lets just say I am relieved. I am glad that your dad lets you do that, I am sure that it is helpful for you both!

Nat said...

I miss "Most Played Song of the Summer" and the wall. I always started a wall even when it was just me, though the best stuff was when we were scanning MIA stuff. I love scanning the stuff in the gray folders...audits? No staples, no backs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...