Sunday, January 17, 2010

As far as work parties go...

...Ben's work Christmas party actually wasn't so bad. He only works with like three of the dudes there, so even he didn't know everybody. But the secretary who threw the party really worked hard to make it special. She had tons of get-to-know-you games lined up. She had a game where you look at this great big poster board of baby pictures and try to match the baby with the person who works there. In another game, she had given each of the employees a questionnaire, with questions on it like, "If you were a superhero, what would you want your power to be?" Silly things like that. So we had to match the quote to the person. Ben did horribly on both of those games.

My favorite game was this - she assigned each table a part for the 12 Days of Christmas Song. Then we sang the whole song, pausing for the assigned table to sing their part, and it was actually really hilarious. My least favorite game - we were organized into groups, and each group had to organize itself, without talking, based on the parameters the lady set up. So she would say, "Organize yourself from tallest to shortest." Or, "Organize yourselves according to birth year." So we had to try to use our hands to communicate. Basically, every group but ours cheated, so our group lost.

My favorite part of the party was the food, of course. I'm in the white shirt with the jean jacket in this shot:

Me and the girl with the cowel-neck grey sweater bonded pretty well. It was nice to find a kindred spirit there. I know Ben took a picture of me, and then had someone take a picture of both of us, but I can't find them anywhere. Ben transferred them from the camera to the computer, which means that they are lost. Frown. Oh well.

Oh, and the party was at The Loft in Rigby, which brought back good memories - that's where Ben's and my wedding reception was. :) When we had our reception, the logs were stained very dark. They have since been stained white.

4 comments:

Aim said...

Hi! I read your comment on Cjane's blog forum and wanted to tell you thanks for the idea. I loved it as I to have a hard time keeping focused while I am praying. I am going to try it! Just wanted to say thanks and I have the same background on my blog too!

Fun Blog. Thanks for sharing.

Patty said...

I had MY wedding reception at the Loft! How have we never discussed this?

Forced get-to-know-you games make me uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party. Mark has never worked anywhere that has done a Christmas party. Although, he does get a nice Christmas bonus so that's good enough for me!:)

Nat said...

Pete either didn't have a work party this year, or just didn't mention it to me. He hates work parties, as do I. I was glad to not go and be forced to smile and make polite with strangers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...